Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts.
06:41 AM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Minor setback for Lupe in my eyes. Still know how incredibly talented this guy is, and still looking forward to any and everything he releases in the future.
07:25 AM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Just picked it up at Best Buy. Letting Go (1st track) is so sweet.
10:25 AM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
i just want him off atlantic. does anybody know how many albums he has left with atlantic? i haven't gotten through it all, but i've heard almost all disappointing things. which really fucking sucks. i had such high hopes for this album, but it's disappointing when even lupe hates it.

two i believe
11:10 AM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
he has to do TWO MORE with them? fuck.

yep. but he might release a greatest hits for the second release. that would fulfill his contract w/ them.
05:36 PM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
what does everyone consider bad songs? i myself only count 3. 9/12 good to great songs isn't very disappointing to me, especially considering all the bullshit label drama he had with it. dude's still a monster.
a few of the hooks are still buggin me (state run radio being the most annoying), but they're not as bad as i first thought. all the rapping is on point. lupe's still a beast. this record is growing on me big time with each listen.
06:48 PM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
the cool > food and liquor. fuck what ya heard.

yeah, not a fan of that track either. 4+10 also get a nod for worst track.
no way 4+10 are some of my favorites right now haha
08:24 PM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
08:44 PM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
haha he actually has a side punk band (i guess it's punk i don't know how people classify all these subgenres) where he sings in a british accent lol
08:53 PM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
That's just.... Weird. haha.
haha totally. he's a weird dude.
05:43 AM on 03/09/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
i feel bad for lupe. a lot of people are gonna mistake his new direction for genre-flipping, when they fail to realize how much of the record he didn't want to put out/wanted nothing to do with. oh well. live and learn.

on to F+L II.

truth
07:52 AM on 03/15/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Still waiting on my copy of this to come in the mail. I pre-ordered about a week ahead of time.
Last time I ever order directly from an artist's website. Luckily, I've been streaming this using Rdio.
Definitely have to say this album has grown on me lately.

Yeah I pre-ordered too. no clue what the hold up is. I don't have mine either.

i was listening to this in my car and my girlfriend got all upset because the show goes on was "ripping off" float on...i explained sampling and did some research - there are actually a lot of people who say it's not sampling but blatantly ripping off..how dumb are some people?

for people that listen to nothing but pop music, they sure don't know much about it
05:34 AM on 04/13/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
After reading the rest of the comments. The Cool is the only studio rec that Lupe put out that is respectable in any way, but still not nearly up to what he can do.

also wiz and waynes popularity are both a fucking bad joke.

you don't think Food & Liquor is respectable in any way? crazy talk. dope record.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums