Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 85.
07:37 AM on 03/08/11
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
Well written review, but I don't agree with some of it (and the score). While I agree that this certainly isn't his strongest release, it still stands above 90% of the music in this genre. One of the things I like most about this album are his lyrics, which is what made Lupe my favorite rapper in the first place. I'm also happy his lyrics were lost amidst the hooks of some of the catchier songs.

I really hope Lupe is able to jump off Atlantic and go his own way... I think it'll really help his music.

Sidenote: I reallllly want to see a full album from Child Rebel Soldier now that Lasers has finally seen the light of day.
07:48 AM on 03/08/11
hold_fast_hope
User Info.
Once you get past the fact that Lupe was forced to record most of the tracks on the album, it isn't all that bad. I enjoyed it very much so when I entered with that mindset.
08:06 AM on 03/08/11
bNz719
Know more.
User Info.
Are you talking about Rolling Papers as in Domo?
I think he's talking about Wiz Khalifa. In which case, I'd have to agree with him.

I really hope Lupe is able to jump off Atlantic and go his own way... I think it'll really help his music.

100% agree with you on this. If this were to happen, I think we'd get some fantastic material from him.
08:14 AM on 03/08/11
MurderByDan
I'll see you when the sun sets...
User Info.
Atlantic screwed him so hard on this album. Being forced to create commercial songs makes the album suffer somewhat, but the songs that are "vintage" Lupe are incredible. I was disappointed to not see Matthew Santos. That MDMA fool is terrible.
08:14 AM on 03/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I think he's talking about Wiz Khalifa. In which case, I'd have to agree with him.

100% agree with you on this. If this were to happen, I think we'd get some fantastic material from him.

Yeah I would agree with Wiz, but not Domo.
08:25 AM on 03/08/11
bNz719
Know more.
User Info.
Yeah I would agree with Wiz, but not Domo.
Haven't heard Domo's album but from what I've heard it's pretty good. I might give it a shot tonight after school. If I don't do it now, I probably won't get around to it haha. Too many good albums coming out in the next couple weeks.
08:35 AM on 03/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Haven't heard Domo's album but from what I've heard it's pretty good. I might give it a shot tonight after school. If I don't do it now, I probably won't get around to it haha. Too many good albums coming out in the next couple weeks.

I would very much recommend it, but before you do grab EARL and Bastard as they are superior. Also, if you are into good lyricist get "Sit down, man" by Das Racist.
09:00 AM on 03/08/11
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Give me The Cool!
09:19 AM on 03/08/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
This album is great, been playing it non-stop for days, it's a less pretentious Kanye album with a better album and a bit worse production.
09:38 AM on 03/08/11
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
i just want him off atlantic. does anybody know how many albums he has left with atlantic? i haven't gotten through it all, but i've heard almost all disappointing things. which really fucking sucks. i had such high hopes for this album, but it's disappointing when even lupe hates it.
10:01 AM on 03/08/11
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Surprisingly really, really enjoy this album. Don't really know why.
10:07 AM on 03/08/11
JasonTMays
Slaves
User Info.
Give me Food & Liquor!
10:25 AM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
i just want him off atlantic. does anybody know how many albums he has left with atlantic? i haven't gotten through it all, but i've heard almost all disappointing things. which really fucking sucks. i had such high hopes for this album, but it's disappointing when even lupe hates it.

two i believe
10:37 AM on 03/08/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
That interview posted in this thread is a good read. Seems he didn't have much creative control. Makes me feel really bad for him. before I read this review I was pretty sold on buying the record but now I'm on the fence
11:02 AM on 03/08/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Modest Mouse sample is ace, but I'm not sure about the record as a whole. Good review.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums