An American Workplace.
User Info.
he has to do TWO MORE with them? fuck.
11:10 AM on 03/08/11
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
he has to do TWO MORE with them? fuck.

yep. but he might release a greatest hits for the second release. that would fulfill his contract w/ them.
11:14 AM on 03/08/11
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
yep. but he might release a greatest hits for the second release. that would fulfill his contract w/ them.
i hope so.
11:32 AM on 03/08/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
Lupe is probably my favorite rap artist and the cool is my favorite hip-hop album of all time but this seemed a little...meh. Lupe needs to change labels!
11:53 AM on 03/08/11
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Half really good, half bland and forgettable.
12:05 PM on 03/08/11
Ska Senanake
Ska Senanake
User Info.
I thought Lasers was fucking dope, great party record.
12:22 PM on 03/08/11
mwheeler1987
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still need to go out and get my physical copy.
12:52 PM on 03/08/11
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
lupe is capable of so much more. the label definitely seems to have been a bigger part of this than he wanted, so i won't exactly hold it against him just yet. but it is nowhere near The Cool or F&L.
01:35 PM on 03/08/11
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm glad I heard the record before I read this review. I actually love this record, it's not often that I can listen to a hip-hop album all the way through without skipping a track. This album is definitely going to be on my top list.
I'm with you dude. I did the iTunes pre-order and have been listening to it all day and really enjoy it. I think this review shows to much negativity towards it imo. It's not his The Cool or Food and Liquor, but I really enjoy that it's a different side of Lupe we haven't seen. Does feel a little pushed by Atlantic on certain tracks, but Lupe got screwed over so I'm happy it came out and that I can enjoy it. It's a good album to listen to at the gym I found out today to.
01:49 PM on 03/08/11
lld767
cmon!
User Info.
not feeling the record as much as food and liquor or the cool but its decent. The show goes on is one of the most inspiring songs i have ever heard
01:56 PM on 03/08/11
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
I love the record but it sounds like a sequel to The Cool to me.
02:00 PM on 03/08/11
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Ironically, I see alot of people buying this thinking its his best work yet since it is pretty appealing to the mainstream audience the label is looking for
02:21 PM on 03/08/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
There are a select few songs I like but as an overall album I don't think it's that good. The Cool and F&L were so fucking good though. That's the only reason it's such a letdown.
02:54 PM on 03/08/11
OdourlessHobo
woop woop woop
User Info.
Was hoping for this record to be his 'masterpiece', the one that everyone will think of when they hear his name. It's so unfortunate that he got screwed over cos we all know what he's capable of doing. This isn't his best work, probably his worst. But that doesn't make it a terrible album, it has it's standout tracks and a fair few bad ones.

I'm sure if this was the debut album of some young up and comer, we would all love it. It's just that it's lupe and he set the bar extremely high for himself.
02:59 PM on 03/08/11
LessThanOnyEe
BroknDreams
User Info.
I haven't listened to hip hop in almost 3 years, but I'll probably give this a spin at some point. I used to love lupe.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums