Password

Album Review
Falling Blind - Comets Album Cover

Falling Blind - Comets

Reviewed by
Falling Blind - Comets
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: March 19, 2011

After listening Falling Blind’s new E.P., Comets, I found myself out breathe. I felt heartbreak, I felt aggression, I felt romance, and I felt angst. The emotional thrill ride that you are carried on throughout this six track E.P. is impressively vast. Within the first two tracks Falling Blind display that they are ready to step into the limelight. The maturity and identity that goes into the composition of each song is unmatched in today’s rock music scene. These are not just random songs that they stumbled upon while jamming in their basement, these songs require musicianship, thought, passion, and heart. That’s what this E.P. is; a display of heart. In the end, the honesty and thought put into each track will be what sets Falling Blind apart from similar acts in their genre.

The flaws on this album are few and far between but that’s not to say they aren’t there. “The Intent”, for example, is the weakest track on the album, not because it’s a bad song, no, it actually contains very catchy Offspring-esque instrumentation and if nothing else shows off Falling Blind’s versatility and ability to take on a punchier, raw sound. But no other track on the E.P. has that feel to it, and maybe it wouldn’t be such a big deal if it wasn’t the very first track. It just feels out of place and, for a track sitting at the helm of it all, comes off as being a dishonest representation of the rest of the album.

It’s hard to pick a high point for it all because, really, it's the accumulation of all these songs together that leaves me so impressed. Everything from the intimacy of the title track “Comets”, to the anthemic chorus in “Modest Opinion”, to the lyrical powerhouse that is “Cupid Kills” leads me full circle to believe that this E.P. is something that I will have with me for quite some time. It is the production of a band honestly working together to create the best possible music that they can, and the effort that they put in can be seen through most every fiber throughout these songs.

It is through the sincerity and passion delivered by these artists that I am hooked. I can’t help but feel like I’ve been told a story. Falling Blind is just getting their feet wet with success in the music industry, and with that success comes so many trials and expectations that can, at times, feel overwhelming. Comets is a window into the human method as pressures from the world pile onto your shoulders, and the hope that you must sustain to continue doing what you love. It is a soaring and contagious E.P. that will be pounding into my ears for months to come.

Recommended If You LikeAlternative, Rock; Three Days Grace; Alter Bridge; Trapt
This review is a user submitted review from AnotherMileston. You can see all of AnotherMileston's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version