Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
11:08 AM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Could be decent, could be weak like their last one.
I thought it was pretty good but it perfectly showcased how Cameron Mizell is a non-consistent producer in terms of quality. I heard that there will be no screaming on this CD which typically I like the agression but SWS is the one band where I think that they may be better off without it. Either way, Kris Crummet will make this sound awesome !
12:33 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Expect pmtoday's In Medias Res though.
Blech, I hope not.
03:16 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Not my kind of band. Have the pmtoday CD, found it to be very overrated and just couldn't get into it all. I think if the next SWS were to sound more atmospheric or akin to something like Emarosa/Lower Defintion that would be great. But if it leans torwards indie/progressive like pmtoday then no thanks.
03:48 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Nope.

I loved it, thought it was very well done. And I listened to it without reading anything on here, so it was never overrated for me. they were great live too.

But I believe there sound without screaming will just be like their songs now, only without the forced breakdown. I doubt they'd change enough to be like Lower D, Emarosa, or Pm Today, those bands are a lot more progressive than anything I'd expect from SWS.
You're lucky to have heard them sans hype. I may have liked them had I not read all these users/reviewers absolutely gushing over how great they think they are. I know it's not right but I couldn't help but be letdown after finally getting it. To me, nothing really stood out but what was worse was that I would notice the same people bashing bands that I love and that I don't see what makes pmtoday so much better than them. In all honesty, I gave all the songs 4 stars on iTunes so obviously it's not bad at all...but the attitude of others have kind of ruined it for me :(
07:33 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Try not to let other people's opinions influence you. I know that's difficult, I have the same problem sometimes, but if you really take the CD for what it is, and forget the hype, its really good, a strong progressive indie effort from some really talented musicians. It made my top twenty list last year, so I recommend you give it another shot.
I will. In fact I am listening to it as I write this (I'm on "Progress Is A Lemon") and so far I like it. Since I've listened to it last I've become a fan of bands like Decoder so maybe that has influenced me a little bit. I don't think I love the vocals but the instrumentals are excellent as is the production ! I remember listening to their prior album a while back and thinking it was cool so maybe I should check that out as well.
08:33 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
I like the first album, its the same style only a little more raw sounding. Media Res is a lot more together and polished, but I think they are both great records.

And if you like them, check out Flood of Red, great band from the UK.
This Flood Of Red band kicks ass ! Thanks for bringing them to my attention ! I wish there was a place to buy this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests