AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 53.
11:54 AM on 03/08/11
armoireofdoom
User Info.
I feel like album titles these days are just blah.
12:12 PM on 03/08/11
dj92jr
Deanowitz
User Info.
Can I support a band that has such ridiculously off grammar? Jeez, I dunno.
12:33 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Expect pmtoday's In Medias Res though.
Blech, I hope not.
02:39 PM on 03/08/11
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
I doubt I will listens to this.
02:40 PM on 03/08/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
02:52 PM on 03/08/11
LessThanOnyEe
BroknDreams
User Info.
I did notice the grammar error in the title, I hope they catch it before they actually print it on the cd.

And where did everyone hear that there is no screaming? I think I saw something about it on a youtube page but that was so long ago.
02:58 PM on 03/08/11
incognitojones
User Info.
I did notice the grammar error in the title, I hope they catch it before they actually print it on the cd.

And where did everyone hear that there is no screaming? I think I saw something about it on a youtube page but that was so long ago.
He said in an interview a while ago. Hope they stick to it.
03:10 PM on 03/08/11
LessThanOnyEe
BroknDreams
User Info.
He said in an interview a while ago. Hope they stick to it.
Do you have/know a link? And that could be good I guess, pretty interested to hear how this record sounds with no screaming.
03:16 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Not my kind of band. Have the pmtoday CD, found it to be very overrated and just couldn't get into it all. I think if the next SWS were to sound more atmospheric or akin to something like Emarosa/Lower Defintion that would be great. But if it leans torwards indie/progressive like pmtoday then no thanks.
03:21 PM on 03/08/11
incognitojones
User Info.
Do you have/know a link? And that could be good I guess, pretty interested to hear how this record sounds with no screaming.
Nope.

Not my kind of band. Have the pmtoday CD, found it to be very overrated and just couldn't get into it all. I think if the next SWS were to sound more atmospheric or akin to something like Emarosa/Lower Defintion that would be great. But if it leans torwards indie/progressive like pmtoday then no thanks.
I loved it, thought it was very well done. And I listened to it without reading anything on here, so it was never overrated for me. they were great live too.

But I believe there sound without screaming will just be like their songs now, only without the forced breakdown. I doubt they'd change enough to be like Lower D, Emarosa, or Pm Today, those bands are a lot more progressive than anything I'd expect from SWS.
03:38 PM on 03/08/11
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
kind of excited for this. there last record, like everyone else has said, had some stand out songs but some weak ones too. i'd like to thinnk this one will be a lot better now they have some experience together as a band.
03:48 PM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Nope.

I loved it, thought it was very well done. And I listened to it without reading anything on here, so it was never overrated for me. they were great live too.

But I believe there sound without screaming will just be like their songs now, only without the forced breakdown. I doubt they'd change enough to be like Lower D, Emarosa, or Pm Today, those bands are a lot more progressive than anything I'd expect from SWS.
You're lucky to have heard them sans hype. I may have liked them had I not read all these users/reviewers absolutely gushing over how great they think they are. I know it's not right but I couldn't help but be letdown after finally getting it. To me, nothing really stood out but what was worse was that I would notice the same people bashing bands that I love and that I don't see what makes pmtoday so much better than them. In all honesty, I gave all the songs 4 stars on iTunes so obviously it's not bad at all...but the attitude of others have kind of ruined it for me :(
05:05 PM on 03/08/11
incognitojones
User Info.
You're lucky to have heard them sans hype. I may have liked them had I not read all these users/reviewers absolutely gushing over how great they think they are. I know it's not right but I couldn't help but be letdown after finally getting it. To me, nothing really stood out but what was worse was that I would notice the same people bashing bands that I love and that I don't see what makes pmtoday so much better than them. In all honesty, I gave all the songs 4 stars on iTunes so obviously it's not bad at all...but the attitude of others have kind of ruined it for me :(
Try not to let other people's opinions influence you. I know that's difficult, I have the same problem sometimes, but if you really take the CD for what it is, and forget the hype, its really good, a strong progressive indie effort from some really talented musicians. It made my top twenty list last year, so I recommend you give it another shot.
05:14 PM on 03/08/11
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Anxious to hear this.
07:28 PM on 03/08/11
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
I doubt I will listens to this.
Hahaha. Nice one.

That's REALLY been bothering me, I hope they realize it and fix it, because it sounds ridiculous. I'm extremely stoked for this record though, their debut was incredibly catchy for me and I still listen to it quite a bit. Hope they hold on to some screaming and heaviness though, I like it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests