tanianunez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope this album's good :)
07:02 PM on 04/03/11
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
That album title's been bothering me for quite some time. I, along with many of their other fans, have corrected them but even the album cover says it, and every post they make about it has the same thing. That's going to bug me forever.

Anyway, I'm still unsure about the whole no-screaming thing because the perfect balance is what I liked about them most.
07:33 PM on 04/03/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
That album title's been bothering me for quite some time. I, along with many of their other fans, have corrected them but even the album cover says it, and every post they make about it has the same thing. That's going to bug me forever.

Anyway, I'm still unsure about the whole no-screaming thing because the perfect balance is what I liked about them most.
I think they'll be so much better without it, just seemed forced and tacked on to me. And the title is intentionally like that, there's no rules for grammar in titles I guess. Doesn't bother me at least.
07:46 PM on 04/03/11
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
I think they'll be so much better without it, just seemed forced and tacked on to me. And the title is intentionally like that, there's no rules for grammar in titles I guess. Doesn't bother me at least.
Yeah, we've talked about this before. I like it there because it makes more dynamic, for the lack of a better word. And it makes for a nice complement to high pitched vocals. I will agree that the screaming calls for a chug-chugga-chug breakdown, and then makes it feels really out of place sometimes (Captain Tyin' Knots had one of the worst breakdowns I've ever heard, and I hate breakdowns. No doubt that song's to appease the br00t4l mosh pit people), but I think it transitions nicely for the most part. I would definitely like it if they dropped the OM&M-esque guitar work.
08:00 PM on 04/03/11
incognitojones
User Info.
Yeah, we've talked about this before. I like it there because it makes more dynamic, for the lack of a better word. And it makes for a nice complement to high pitched vocals. I will agree that the screaming calls for a chug-chugga-chug breakdown, and then makes it feels really out of place sometimes (Captain Tyin' Knots had one of the worst breakdowns I've ever heard, and I hate breakdowns. No doubt that song's to appease the br00t4l mosh pit people), but I think it transitions nicely for the most part. I would definitely like it if they dropped the OM&M-esque guitar work.
If they improved on the guitar work and made it more natural I would probably like it, but I still think they had screaming just to have screaming. Their strongest parts were more melodic and I hope they translate well when focusing on that. Also I hope Crummet helps them play more than just like power chords, but I'll wait and see. I'll stop typing before I recommend you a bunch of bands with better breakdowns.
08:12 PM on 04/03/11
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
If they improved on the guitar work and made it more natural I would probably like it, but I still think they had screaming just to have screaming. Their strongest parts were more melodic and I hope they translate well when focusing on that. Also I hope Crummet helps them play more than just like power chords, but I'll wait and see. I'll stop typing before I recommend you a bunch of bands with better breakdowns.
I listen to innovative post-hardcore bands too (A Lot Like Birds, letlive., Glassjaw, old We Are the Emergency, At the Drive In, La Dispute), I've seen your thread on it, some great stuff. inb4 someone says I'm name dropping, just didn't want to give off the impression that I haven't.
08:42 PM on 04/03/11
incognitojones
User Info.
I listen to innovative post-hardcore bands too (A Lot Like Birds, letlive., Glassjaw, old We Are the Emergency, At the Drive In, La Dispute), I've seen your thread on it, some great stuff. inb4 someone says I'm name dropping, just didn't want to give off the impression that I haven't.
Its cool. I was gonna say stuff like Every Time I Die, the Bled, The Chariot, etc. Those bands have the best breakdowns in my opinion. Also the Acacia Strain uses them pretty well.
10:58 PM on 04/03/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
i have high hopes for this. i dig these guys a lot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos