Username
Password
The Chariot News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Chariot
Inside AP.net

The Chariot Discography Box Set

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (03/08/11)
Solid State Records announced that it will be re-releasing The Chariot's three studio albums, Everything Is Alive, Everything Is Breathing, Nothing Is Dead & Nothing Is Bleeding, The Fiancee and Wars And Rumors Of Wars, as a 3-CD, 30-song set. The currently untitled collection is planned for a May 17 release.

Submitted by Under The Knife

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
10:36 AM on 03/08/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
That's kind of weird. Good stuff though.
10:40 AM on 03/08/11
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Does anyone actually like it when Solid State/Tooth & Nail does this? They've already done it with Emery and Anberlin (and one other band, I think) and no one I know cared or liked it. It seems like a stupid money scheme.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love the material itself... but three disk sets of CDs most people own at least one of? Annoying.
10:45 AM on 03/08/11
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Strange, wish their were a new ep/album in there. Love this band anyway.
10:51 AM on 03/08/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Should've done a DVD with this, then I'd pick it up.
10:56 AM on 03/08/11
SHESmyRUSHMORE
User Info.
Just buy long live. So good.
11:01 AM on 03/08/11
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
Does anyone actually like it when Solid State/Tooth & Nail does this? They've already done it with Emery and Anberlin (and one other band, I think) and no one I know cared or liked it. It seems like a stupid money scheme.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love the material itself... but three disk sets of CDs most people own at least one of? Annoying.

yeah that always sucks, but if you don't own any of their discography or are a new fan, a box set like this is quite convenient. i saw the anberlin set selling for 14 bucks on interpunk, crazy deal!
11:02 AM on 03/08/11
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.

My thoughts exactly. And does this really deserve an announcement? "Buy all three commercially available albums from The Chariot in ONE PLACE."
11:05 AM on 03/08/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

I see what you mean. I thought at first maybe it was something to end a band's contract without actually recording a new album. This would be an awesome set if you were just getting into The Chariot (or Anberlin/Emery) but most of us either have all these albums or at least one.
11:07 AM on 03/08/11
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Solid State just did this for Haste the Day, Norma Jean, and Demon Hunter too. Are they doing it for the money?
11:11 AM on 03/08/11
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
I see what you mean. I thought at first maybe it was something to end a band's contract without actually recording a new album. This would be an awesome set if you were just getting into The Chariot (or Anberlin/Emery) but most of us either have all these albums or at least one.
I wouldn't be surprised if their contract is ending. Since Long Live was just released recently, it seems like a last push to release material.
11:11 AM on 03/08/11
voncorn
Once again, it's all an act.
User Info.
How about putting out a vinyl box set of those three records instead? You can very easily find these on CD already.
11:12 AM on 03/08/11
skinnypuppy
Jon Hughes
User Info.

money scheme? holy shit, you mean record labels want to generate revenue from their artists on catalogue titles?

you just blew my mind with information

I agree, though, adding a DVD to this would had been cool, or a tshirt. Oh well. It will probably sell a few copies and get a few new fans for the chariot. I'm all for it, even though it does not interest me. It's too bad they don't do this for mewithoutYou, I would buy it even though I have every record on CD and vinyl (in some instances, multiple copies of the CD and multiple vinyls with different colors...)

I'd really like a mewithoutYou DVD, or a live CD, or Live DVD. I don't know. Seems like there is sooo much material T&N are sitting on for MWY.
11:13 AM on 03/08/11
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
They should have made this a vinyl collection instead, since I don't think any of these have been pressed before.
11:15 AM on 03/08/11
bananabread
User Info.
Vinyl anyone?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music