AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Entertainment News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Entertainment Round-Up (3/8/2011)

Posted by - 01:16 PM on 03/08/11
Check out the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television, and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
01:16 PM on 03/08/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up contributors: rest_easy, Stayillogical, and Thomas Balkcom

Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) In case you live under a rock, here are your 2011 Academy Award winners.

02) So far the only actors returning are the ones playing Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow for GI Joe 2. Which will open August 10, 2012.

03) Here’s a featurette on Mars Needs Moms.

04) The new Mad Max films (2 to be shot back to back) has now been pushed back due to unpredictable rains in the Australian dessert. It will begin shooting January 2012 and will still star Tom Hardy (Inception, Dark Knight Rises) and Charlize Theron.

05) Milla is back in Resident Evil 5 coming September 14, 2012.

06) The RED SKULL.

07) Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie is now shooting. Cameos at the least confirmed by William Atherton Will Ferrall, Zach Galifainakis, Jeff Goldblum, Robert Loggia and John C. Reilly.

08) Not yet confirmed but looking likely, Trent Reznor will score and act in the film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

09) The third Bridget Jones book is currently in the works and the third film will be scripted alongside it though they may not be identical.

10) It looks like a sequel to Blade Runner really is in the works.

11) If you haven’t already heard Diane Lane will play Martha Kent in the new Superman movie.

12) Tim Allen and Tom Hanks will reunite this time in live action movie Jungle Cruise from Disney.

13) Want to show you know trailers? Want to show off them skills? Well Sony is giving you the chance in a contest to make your own trailer for their upcoming movie Priest.

14) Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszwewski (Ed Wood, Agent Cody Banks) have been hired to script the screenplay for the sequel to Percy Jackson and the Olympians. It’d be based on the second book The Sea of Monsters.

15) Channing Tatum is one of the names said to be involved in pitching Peter Pan Begins. <insert peter pan themed batman sequel title jokes>.

16) Marky Mark says they’ve talked about making The Fighter 2.

17) Hathaway says straight up Catwoman is in the movie.

18) Kyle Ward will be adapting the screenplay for Devil May Cry which was recently optioned by Screen Gems.

19) The Farrelly Brothers, well Bobby Farrelly says that he’d like to do a Dumb and Dumber sequel with Jim Carry and Jeff Daniels reprising the roles. He also talks about The Three Stooges adaptation they start filming in 2 months saying it’ll be much different for them as they wish to stay true to the the original material. "probably be a lot less typically Farrelly brothers stuff, we're going to be as true as we can to the spirit of The Three Stooges – they weren't raunchy or outrageous, they were more about the slapstick, almost vaudeville-type humour. It'll probably be less us, more of them."

20) Want to know what movies Sony plans to release for summer 2012? Here ya go.

21) It’s looking like Tarantino will finally make a western movie and looking at Christoph Waltz for a major role. So far it’s said to be called The Angel, the Bad and the Wise.

22) Here’s a deleted scene from Due Date.

23) Here’s a clip from Limitless.

Television

01)Tron Uprising for Disney coming Summer 2012 already has a teaser trailer.

02) Cary Elwes has joined Wonder Woman.

03) Elizabeth Hurley will play the evil villain in Wonder Woman.

04) Promo for Cartoon Network’s Thundercats.

05) CBS has ordered two more seasons of How I Met Your Mother.

06) Check out this full trailer for upcoming HBO adaptation Game of Thrones.

Trailers

01) Puss in Boots - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/pussinboots/
02) Kung Fu Panda 2 - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/kungfupanda2/
03) Super - http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810167552/video/24413102
04) Dylan Dog - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/dylandogdeadofthenight/
05) Water For Elephants (new trailer) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&docId=1000662711
06) 11-11-11 - http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=18052
07) Your Higness (restricted trailer) - http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/17/your-highness-restricted-trailer
08) Attack the Block - http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=74912
09) Arthur (trailer #2) - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/arthur/
10) Rubber - http://www.hulu.com/watch/220550/movie-trailers-rubber---exclusive-red-band-trailer
11) Something Borrowed - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/somethingborrowed/

Movies Out Next Week (3/11)

Battle: Los Angeles
Red Riding Hood
Mars Needs Moms

DVDs Out Next Week (3/8)

The Walking Dead: 1st Season
The Next Three Days
Inside Job
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (BD)
Jackass 3

Absolutepunk Entertainment Links

Here's a link to December/January discussion thread for our AP.net book club. I'd love to see some more participation.
The Mechanic
Biutiful
The Roommate

-------
sources: aintitcool.com, slashfilm.com, empire.com, theavclub.com, tv.ign.com, fandango.com, videoeta.com, deadline.com, variety.com, comingsoon.net, firstshowing.com, superherohype.com

-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
01:18 PM on 03/08/11
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
more How I Met Your I Mother is always a thumbs up.
01:31 PM on 03/08/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Looking forward to Game of Thrones, but at this point I'm not holding out hope it'll be that great.

Also, talk about a shitty week for new movies.
01:41 PM on 03/08/11
brandon_260
User Info.
How I Met Your Mother news is awesome!

Red Skull looks a little underwhelming, still stoked for Captain America regardless
01:43 PM on 03/08/11
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
01) In case you live under a rock, here are your 2011 Academy Award winners.
Congrats to all (cough Fincher should have won for sure cough).

08) Not yet confirmed but looking likely, Trent Reznor will score and act in the film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
So good.

09) The third Bridget Jones book is currently in the works and the third film will be scripted alongside it though they may not be identical.
I wonder if Colin Firth will come back since the Oscar.

11) If you havenít already heard Diane Lane will play Martha Kent in the new Superman movie.
Odd casting.

12) Tim Allen and Tom Hanks will reunite this time in live action movie Jungle Cruise from Disney.
Will watch. I love them both.

13) Want to show you know trailers? Want to show off them skills? Well Sony is giving you the chance in a contest to make your own trailer for their upcoming movie Priest.
O rly? (Will definitely try to do this.)

19) The Farrelly Brothers, well Bobby Farrelly says that heíd like to do a Dumb and Dumber sequel with Jim Carry and Jeff Daniels reprising the roles. He also talks about The Three Stooges adaptation they start filming in 2 months saying itíll be much different for them as they wish to stay true to the the original material. "probably be a lot less typically Farrelly brothers stuff, we're going to be as true as we can to the spirit of The Three Stooges Ė they weren't raunchy or outrageous, they were more about the slapstick, almost vaudeville-type humour. It'll probably be less us, more of them."
Are they ignoring the one that came out a few years ago?

21) Itís looking like Tarantino will finally make a western movie and looking at Christoph Waltz for a major role. So far itís said to be called The Angel, the Bad and the Wise.
Will be totally sweet. Christoph Waltz is so awesome.

Television
03) Elizabeth Hurley will play the evil villain in Wonder Woman.
Naturally. If she was tanner and younger, she could have PLAYED Wonder Woman.

05) CBS has ordered two more seasons of How I Met Your Mother.
Legen-wait for it.
02:03 PM on 03/08/11
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.
How did you guys miss Charlie Sheen getting canned from Two and a Half Men? That's huge news
02:03 PM on 03/08/11
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Looking forward to Game of Thrones, but at this point I'm not holding out hope it'll be that great.

Also, talk about a shitty week for new movies.

have you read the books? if not, I highly highly recommend them
02:05 PM on 03/08/11
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
Jason Segel told GQ last summer he wants to leave next after next year so I hope someone either changes his mind or they wrap it up.
02:08 PM on 03/08/11
jacksteve111
Breach of Armistice
User Info.
i am just excited for super, i hope it comes to a theatre close by
02:45 PM on 03/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Damn, Tom Hardy is everywhere. Good for that dude. He's a good actor.
02:59 PM on 03/08/11
Rest_Easy
accidentally on purpose
User Info.
How did you guys miss Charlie Sheen getting canned from Two and a Half Men? That's huge news
I finished updating this on saturday morning thinking it was gonna be released around then. Stayillogical and Thomas were probably busy so it just got delayed being posted until today. It happens.

But yes, you're right that's huge news. And the pretentious scumbag deserved to be fired.

I like this coming out during weekdays. Monday mornings seem like a better time.
03:26 PM on 03/08/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
more How I Met Your I Mother is always a thumbs up.
After Two and a Half Men went down in flames, it has to take over as the flagship show. Wouldn't be surprised if Big Bang Theory got a ton more promotion as well.
03:33 PM on 03/08/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
yeah, whoops. Should have put an addendum stating that this was up until this last Saturday. Just got back from vacation and found time to post it.
04:43 PM on 03/08/11
claw38
User Info.
The Tim and Eric movie will be the best thing that will ever happen in the history of ever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos