Username
Password
Myspace News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Myspace
Inside AP.net

The Higher Post New Demos

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (03/12/11)
The Higher posted two new demos, "Candidate" and "Little Lovin'," on myspace. The band parted ways with Epitaph and is looking for a new label.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
08:10 AM on 03/12/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
sounds alright. Not really feeling them that much, but they are just demos
08:17 AM on 03/12/11
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
Epitaph drove this band into the ground. So happy they survived.
09:11 AM on 03/12/11
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
That Weapons Wired song used to be my jam, glad to see these guys are still around.
10:36 AM on 03/12/11
Chris Immunity
Immunity Clothing
User Info.
Epitaph drove this band into the ground. So happy they survived.
right?
02:01 PM on 03/12/11
heyiamcody
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love the "Epitaph drove this band into the ground" type of comments. How can you realistically take that stance in this type of instance? Have you listened to the bands music? You think Epitaph held a gun to their head and said "write really bad songs that we have a tough time marketing for you"? The bottom line is this band never did anything because the majority of music listeners out there didn't like them. There's no conspiracy or scientific reason behind it. They simply aren't a very good band and seem to only get worse and worse with time. I'm glad Epitaph smartened up and "parted ways" (dropped) The Higher.
02:51 PM on 03/12/11
andthetruthwill
User Info.
I love the "Epitaph drove this band into the ground" type of comments. How can you realistically take that stance in this type of instance? Have you listened to the bands music? You think Epitaph held a gun to their head and said "write really bad songs that we have a tough time marketing for you"? The bottom line is this band never did anything because the majority of music listeners out there didn't like them. There's no conspiracy or scientific reason behind it. They simply aren't a very good band and seem to only get worse and worse with time. I'm glad Epitaph smartened up and "parted ways" (dropped) The Higher.
You miss my point completely. Their last record was awesome. My statement has nothing to do with quality, but purely that Epitaph is not a good label overall. I have never seen a physical copy in a store. I tried to buy a physical at Warped from the Epitaph tent and they refused to sell it for any less than fifteen dollars. Money seems to be Epitaph's goal for the longest time over anything else. Not to mention all the little bands they sign, and then just let languish after the record release.
03:08 PM on 03/12/11
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
You miss my point completely. Their last record was awesome. My statement has nothing to do with quality, but purely that Epitaph is not a good label overall. I have never seen a physical copy in a store. I tried to buy a physical at Warped from the Epitaph tent and they refused to sell it for any less than fifteen dollars. Money seems to be Epitaph's goal for the longest time over anything else. Not to mention all the little bands they sign, and then just let languish after the record release.
O.o so much flaw with the post. You're trying to tell me its only natural was actually a good album? And that you're upset because a record company refused to sell you an album lower than the advertised price? On fire was OK at best. The only solid album this band has ever released was histrionics.
03:11 PM on 03/12/11
andthetruthwill
User Info.
O.o so much flaw with the post. You're trying to tell me its only natural was actually a good album? And that you're upset because a record company refused to sell you an album lower than the advertised price? On fire was OK at best. The only solid album this band has ever released was histrionics.
I'm not upset. I just believe Epitaph to be a very poor label. And I've stated why in other threads in the past. They do not serve their bands well or support them in ways a strong label like Fearless or Rise do.
08:02 PM on 03/12/11
heron182
User Info.
They need to make another star is dead ep.
10:35 PM on 03/12/11
heyiamcody
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not upset. I just believe Epitaph to be a very poor label. And I've stated why in other threads in the past. They do not serve their bands well or support them in ways a strong label like Fearless or Rise do.
Respectfully, I completely disagree. Epitaph have proven themselves a successful label for a lot longer than the fearless and rises of the world. They're also a business. The Higher have been creating records that not very many people like. The way I see it, the label put their money where they'd make money. If the band made better music, I'm sure the label would support it stronger knowing that they could potentially make money. There's no conspiracy here with the big bad label. This is the classic case of a band not being able to hang on to the little spark of a buzz they once had and dragging out the inevitable break up because people stopped paying attention to what they did years ago.
09:06 AM on 03/13/11
highfidelity203
Registered Member
User Info.
Insanely good live band.
01:19 PM on 03/13/11
scathemonster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On Fire was okay but this band lost everything good when Tom left. Also, i like how it says "parted ways", its just a save-face way to say they got dropped.
07:31 PM on 03/13/11
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
They need to make another star is dead ep.
Haha, that would be awesome, or something like Histrionics.
12:28 AM on 03/14/11
heron182
User Info.
Haha, that would be awesome, or something like Histrionics.

Haha I was in 9th grade when that ep came out lol
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums