AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:18 AM on 03/13/11
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
I wish you would have gone more in depth with the songs and explain their lyrical base. Good review overall. I like that you clearly do your research on the band members before hand. Thanks for the review, Drew.
11:18 PM on 03/13/11
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
thanks. I usually don't go into much depth with the lyrics because I feel like I'll be putting my own interpretation of them into my review, when they are lyrics that should be interpreted by listeners on their own.
Hmm. That's a good point, Drew. Never thought about it that way.
10:16 PM on 03/14/11
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
My thoughts exactly. Drew is one of the best writers on this site, was hoping for a little bit more from him.

As far as the album goes, I thought their first album was ok.. I saw them live before their first album dropped and was thoroughly impressed so I thought i'd check them out. Their second album is fantastic, excellent progression while staying true to their original selves.
I also saw them live before listening to their first album. I bought it at their show because of their performance and how good they sounded live. I liked their first album a lot. I knew it had it's flaws and wasn't stellar by any means, but it was still good. I think that Dying Hymn and Walkers are their strongest songs to date. It's nice to see a band actually progress from their debut release.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS