Username
Password
Entertainment News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Entertainment
Inside AP.net

Entertainment Round-Up (3/13/2011)

Posted by: Thomas Balkcom (03/13/11)
Check out the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television, and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24.
11:05 AM on 03/13/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up contributors: rest_easy, Stayillogical, and Thomas Balkcom

Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) Josh Zetumer has been hired to write the script for Robocop.

02) Johnny Knoxville is close to an agreement on playing Moe in the Farrelly Brothers Three Stooges movie.

03) Trent Reznor will NOT be doing the score or having any part in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

04) New Kung Fu Panda 2 characters.

05) Stallone looks to not be writing or directing the Expendables 2 but will reprise his role. He’s shopping for a director and he script has been written by David Agosto and Ken Kaufman (Curious George, Space Cowboys).

06) Ian McKellen writes to say he’s seen Bilbo in 3 dimensions.

07) The rights to Voltron are up in a bidding war.

08) Here are 9 clips from Limitless.

09) The Tomb Raider movie is moving forward.

10) Riddick is moving forward and will have about the same budget as Pitch Black. They are looking for an R rating as well.
"Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick (Diesel) fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction."

11) Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) will in fact be writing and directing Iron Man 3. Unlike the previous films, Iron Man 3 will feature real world villains along the lines of a Tom Clancy thriller.

12) Arnold is back and he’s oddly quoted saying he’ll be in additions and remakes of Terminator, Predator and Running Man.

13) Alec Baldwin will play Dennis in Rock of Ages.

14) Ridley Scott still says Monopoly movie is on the horizon.

15) Cube 3D is currently in the works.

Television

01) Author Michael Chabon (The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay) is developing a new HBO series about “a group of magicians and con men who use their skills at deception to battle Hitler and his forces during WWII.”

Trailers

01) Super 8 (longer trailer and synopsis) - http://www.twitvid.com/T6FFB
02) The Smurfs - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75125
03) Cars 2 (extended trailer and images) - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75104
04) Bad Teacher (new trailer) - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75109
05) Fast Five (full trailer) - http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810147120/video/24440884

Movies Out Next Week (3/18)

Limitless
The Lincoln Lawyer
Paul

DVDs Out Next Week (3/15)

The Fighter
Hereafter
The Switch
Au revoir les enfants (CC BD)
Yi Yi (CC BD)

Absolutepunk Entertainment Links

Here's a link to December/January discussion thread for our AP.net book club. I'd love to see some more participation.
The Mechanic
Biutiful
The Roommate

-------
sources: aintitcool.com, slashfilm.com, empire.com, theavclub.com, tv.ign.com, fandango.com, videoeta.com, deadline.com, variety.com, comingsoon.net, firstshowing.com, superherohype.com

-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
11:24 AM on 03/13/11
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
Just saw that Black is writing and directing for the 3rd Iron Man movie, this is probably going to be on par with the first just because they have someone who knows how to write. The plot for the second was one of the worst parts of the movie.
11:40 AM on 03/13/11
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
iron man 3.. hmm interesting.
11:46 AM on 03/13/11
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
Lite news this week.

Movies

02) Johnny Knoxville is close to an agreement on playing Moe in the Farrelly Brothers Three Stooges movie.
Mehhhhhhhhh

03) Trent Reznor will NOT be doing the score or having any part in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
Bummed out about this.

Am I the only person that gets a little peeved when they don't use the stage actors/actresses for the movie versions of musicals?
11:49 AM on 03/13/11
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Just saw that Black is writing and directing for the 3rd Iron Man movie, this is probably going to be on par with the second just because they have someone who knows how to write. The plot for the second was one of the worst parts of the movie.
huh? why would it be on par if you said the writing was so bad? Shane Black is a great writer
12:11 PM on 03/13/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Props to Shane Black reuniting RDJr. <3
12:40 PM on 03/13/11
xHittheWallx
drumyourselftodeath
User Info.
You might as well not even do these anymore if they are going to keep sucking this bad.
01:03 PM on 03/13/11
chris1152
High fives save lives.
User Info.
You might as well not even do these anymore if they are going to keep sucking this bad.
Shut up.

Quote:
01) Author Michael Chabon (The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay) is developing a new HBO series about “a group of magicians and con men who use their skills at deception to battle Hitler and his forces during WWII.”

I am VERY intrigued by this.

Also very excited about the Riddick news.
01:11 PM on 03/13/11
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
huh? why would it be on par if you said the writing was so bad? Shane Black is a great writer
I meant to write first, I just edited my first post to state that.
01:56 PM on 03/13/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Just saw that Black is writing and directing for the 3rd Iron Man movie, this is probably going to be on par with the first just because they have someone who knows how to write. The plot for the second was one of the worst parts of the movie.

I hated everything about Iron Man 2. Shane black will bring it back to life for sure.
02:13 PM on 03/13/11
mutualaddiction
How am I not myself?
User Info.
Excited to hear Chabon is working with HBO, hopefully Hobgoblin is just a working title though
VS. =???
02:43 PM on 03/13/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Super 8 looks awesome.
05:11 PM on 03/13/11
domotime2
User Info.
man movies really suck these days
07:26 PM on 03/13/11
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
01) reboot

02) reboot

04) sequel

05) sequel

06) Ian McKellen writes to say he’s seen Bilbo in 3 dimensions.

07) reboot/sequel sort of

08) Here are 9 clips from Limitless.

09) reboot

10) sequel, #4 in the series?

11) sequel, #3 in series

12) remakes/reboots

14) based on a fucking board game

15) sequel/reboot

COME THE FUCK ON HOLLYWOOD

Even the ones that aren't sequels or reboots are based on previous material or just plain shitty (limitless)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS