Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
03:36 PM on 03/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
i don't exactly understand why microsoft didn't market this better, if you've ever used a zune hd you'd know it was just so much easier than an ipod. really wasn't the Zune's fault, it could've been a serious contender/alternative to the ipod, but they were just so shitty at marketing this that it was sad. I just hope mine doesn't break anytime soon i really don't want to be forced to get an ipod.

Edit: you know what i always hated the most about ipods, that fucking clicking noise it makes when you scroll through the artists, makes me wanna pull my hair out
I've never seen a Zune in action so I'm completely unaware of the menus and such on them, so in what way are they easier to use than an ipod, because ipod menus to me are so basic (legit quesiton I'm interested to hear the answer to - not being a cock)
03:40 PM on 03/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
I got a Philips GoGear and it still works great since I got it in 2005
I loved mine, unfortunately it broke and the store had stopped stocking them, so they gave me store credit and i got an ipod, in 2006, still works like a trooper (with new battery, 3 new headphone jacks and a new faceplate). Honestly Apple got the ipod so right IMO
04:23 PM on 03/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
to me, it really boils down yo your opinion and i'm pretty biased since i've been using zune since 2007, but for one the software is much more lightweight and easier to use than itunes, and they have had the zune pass, which is unlimited downloads for 15 dollars a month something the apple still doesn't have. and the player itself, even though the 160gigs/the first players are like bricks, you were able to send music from your zune to another one, and imo i liked how they layed out the menus more than on the ipod. it was more visual and easier for me to use, but to each his own really, since an ipod isn't complicated either. the only thing i hate about apple is the itunes program honestly
Fair play, I agree it's definitely down to personal preference with these things. Also, I was meaning the old ipod menus, forgot they started the cover flow one, which i dont like at all!

the Zune pass idea would be great for itunes, I would definitely use it
04:25 PM on 03/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
I'm I the only person who likes itunes? don't see the problem with it but everybody hates it.

And no problems with this, I've an Ipod touch and is one of the best things I ever bought, except for its batterie for games which sucks
I have no issue with itunes either, it can be a bit heavy on the RAM at times but thats my only fault
07:40 PM on 03/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Same :]

Microsoft killed them, when I went to replace my Zune I purchased in America, I was told they don't sell them in the country I live in, Australia.

Shops have ipod and Apple sections, all the cheap MP3's are in one corner, ignored and there is no other high end device with its own section, when there should had been the Zune :( annoys me.
I just had a quick check of the major electronics retailers in the UK, none stock Zunes...kind of says it all really
09:29 PM on 03/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
No retailers in the UK can stock them because they never sold them outside of the U.S.
ah that eaxplains that then. Why weren't they sold outside the US? seems like a very poor business plan...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS