All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
02:44 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
02:49 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
Without competition Apple has no reason to continue improving iPods at a quick rate. Competition=good.
Except that they can make buckets of money each time they do because people will line up to buy the newest model? Besides, I'd hardly consider the Zune legitimate competition.
03:13 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
In the end no competition equals no need for constant innovation. Business 101. And the Zune HD was probably the iPods only major competition.
Okay, I see what you're saying I believe. I think you're saying that Apple might continue to put out new versions of the iPod semi-frequently as they do now (which I am certain they will) but that they won't be as innovative, i.e. there won't be that much different about them because there is no competition?

That makes sense, but the only problem is that that argument is based upon the premise that the Zune was in fact a legitimate competitor, which quite frankly it wasn't.

In that chart Zune isn't even the #1 competitor to the iPod. That chart is from 2007, but the article states that last year iPod had 77% of the digital media player market, so the Zune HD obviously didn't change Apple's foothold much.
03:19 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
Mother fucker. Now I have to convert all my music and buy new goddamn speakers. Stupid cheap family getting me a Zune instead of an iPod.

That's what I hate about being the oldest. They get you the shitty stuff, but they get your younger siblings every new, amazing gizmo that comes out.
Wow, either you don't understand how digital media formats work, or you're a fucking idiot for buying/ripping WMAs. Also I'm pretty sure they both have the same 1/8" headphone jack so yeah, I wouldn't worry about new speakers unless your speakers operate through the USB port. And your shit still works with your Zune, obviously.

Alternately you could stop bitching about your family, get a fucking job, and buy your own stuff.
03:20 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
Bummer but it's not like I didn't see this coming. I'm glad they will keep the software because I despise the way Itunes works. It's such an atrocious program.
WinAMP.
03:49 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
its just a pet peeve man
Holy fuck you're dumb. That can be turned off.
03:53 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
thanks for providing me with my daily face palm and small sense of losing hope in humanity.
Anytime bro.

Anyway, well competition is good yes, but if the Zune goes under, I think it will just increase Sandisk and Creative's sales more than anything, because I would imagine that the vast majority of people who bought the Zune HD were people who are semi-well-informed about technology and have some kind of issue with the iPod. Point is, there is still that 23% that someone (well a group of someones) who is not Apple is going to hold.
03:59 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
i'm not going to get into it with some random ap user, but i clearly said that i know that. about 2 pages back, calm down man
Okay I don't get why you're bitching about it then, but whatever man.

In other news you like some really good music I see, so props there.
04:02 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
i'm talking more about the touch and nano. the classic will likely stick around for one more generation at most. it's days are numbered.
You're missing his point. He thinks, as do I, that Apple will just continue to sell this generation of Classics without changing them because there will always be people who want that sort of player but there isn't much that can be done to improve it really.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests