Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Sumerian Records On The Industry

Posted by: Christian Wagner (03/21/11)
Watch a video in the replies with Sumerian Records owner Ash Avildsen talking about the music industry.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68
03:21 PM on 03/21/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
03:27 PM on 03/21/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
time for a new business model friend...stop trying to fit a square into a circle. business, life, and music move on.
03:30 PM on 03/21/11
xxero182
User Info.
pretty interesting. i would really like to see a list of the revenue a band like BOO makes, and how seriously bad it hurts them to have a cd leak early. i would assume the label has to pull money from other areas at that point
03:42 PM on 03/21/11
Enjoi_This
porch monkey 4 life
User Info.
tight... i like sumerian a lot.
03:57 PM on 03/21/11
LessThanOnyEe
BroknDreams
User Info.
The awareness for music piracy has been noticed a lot more recently...

Support bands, buy music
04:02 PM on 03/21/11
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Lots of good information. I buy as many physical albums as i can muster. And I'll wait months to hear an album if I can't purchase it upon its initial release.
04:04 PM on 03/21/11
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
interesting facts. i still am curious to know what a decently known band like asking alexandria on this label, or any label for that matter, walks away with at the end of the year when they've toured extensively and released an album in the same year. smaller indie labels like rise and tragic hero, etc. are always signing bands and are bigger labels than a year ago. however it seems like it's finally time for the music industry to take a diff route to make money in place of album sales b/c illegal downloading will always happen. for me when i don't buy an album, it's b/c the album isn't worth buying.
04:10 PM on 03/21/11
silent_platypus
Elected Asskicker
User Info.
"My name is ASH..."
couldn't stop thinking about Pokémon from that point onward.
04:13 PM on 03/21/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
yea well i'm glad daddy gave him money to start a record label in the first place...
is this really relevant?
04:14 PM on 03/21/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
time for a new business model friend...stop trying to fit a square into a circle. business, life, and music move on.
Couldn't agree more. Everything in this video is true, but this plea is a few years too late.
04:30 PM on 03/21/11
Jake Denning
User Info.
Yeah, fuck you Ash. If I download an album, I don't support the artist? Get real. I go to shows all the time, buy merch all the time, and help bands out when they're stuck.

Goodness gracious, and I thought Ebel was losing his marbles....
05:30 PM on 03/21/11
itzf4llacy
User Info.
record labels make money off the CD sales.. so no shit he's gonna make an ATTEMPT to stop illegal downloading, thats why he even opened that music store yesterday on sunset blvd ..lol..
kids will still download tho.. doesnt matter
05:39 PM on 03/21/11
John_Barnes
I'm not a self help book.
User Info.
You can't say someone's "not supporting the artist" just because they don't buy an album. Support doesn't end at purchasing music. You still need people to come out to your shows, buy merch etc.
05:48 PM on 03/21/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
You can't say someone's "not supporting the artist" just because they don't buy an album. Support doesn't end at purchasing music. You still need people to come out to your shows, buy merch etc.
couldn't agree more. he was clearly speaking from a label-centered, not an artist-centered, perspective.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests