AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Gatsbys American Dream News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Nic Talks About Being Back

Posted by - 08:21 AM on 03/23/11
In a new interview, Nic Newsham of Gatsby's American Dream comments on the fan's reaction of their reunion (at shows, on AP.net) and says music needs a band like them.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
08:22 AM on 03/23/11
joe.boy.fresh.
Registered Member
User Info.
so glad to have them back and everything he says is true. we need more bands like this that play music because its their passion. i will always support these guys.
08:36 AM on 03/23/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
again, I've never been a huge Gatsbys fan, and that's not to say they're not super talented, but after seeing them at SXSW, they live up to their "cockiness" is that's what you want to call it, and are a band this scene needs right now...

yes Nic, you are right, there's a lot of bullshit...but it's about to all make its way out...
08:51 AM on 03/23/11
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
User Info.
again, I've never been a huge Gatsbys fan, and that's not to say they're not super talented, but after seeing them at SXSW, they live up to their "cockiness" is that's what you want to call it, and are a band this scene needs right now...

yes Nic, you are right, there's a lot of bullshit...but it's about to all make its way out...
it really is about to make its way out, tenfold. i think this guy is sort of jaded because hes been removed from the music scene for five years.
09:00 AM on 03/23/11
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
User Info.
I love Nic, but I'm biased since I'm a huge Gatsbys fan.
09:02 AM on 03/23/11
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
i hope this ushers in a new era in music, its time for it to change
09:04 AM on 03/23/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
it really is about to make its way out, tenfold. i think this guy is sort of jaded because hes been removed from the music scene for five years.
yeah, but whether you see him as jaded or not, I agree 100% with what he has to say, and I think his confidence in his music and his band is awesome...there's a lot of people I've been hanging out with at SXSW that have his direct sentiments toward music, their band and their friends' bands that feel the exact same way right now
09:09 AM on 03/23/11
Momo32T
User Info.
"It doesn’t sound that interesting but it’s awesome because some kid who looks up to you could be the next Johnny Craig; they could grow into this great musician that you and everyone else will love."

Um...what?
09:17 AM on 03/23/11
NarcolepsySmile
Registered Member
User Info.
Just because you say "I know this sounds cocky but it isn't" doesn't make it any less arrogant. Love the band but fuck, get over yourselves.
09:23 AM on 03/23/11
Heroin Robot
User Info.
yah i always get too much of a cocky vibe from these fellows. sure cool music, but lay off a bit
09:27 AM on 03/23/11
nikster
User Info.
Sometimes I just think these guys are a little bit too proud of themselves. It can be a good thing, or not. In this case though, it sounds relevant - They know what they’re doing.
09:32 AM on 03/23/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I want to fucking high five him after everything he said.
09:35 AM on 03/23/11
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
User Info.
Just because you say "I know this sounds cocky but it isn't" doesn't make it any less arrogant. Love the band but fuck, get over yourselves.
But he didn't say that...
09:35 AM on 03/23/11
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
the next johny craig??? hahaha come on now bro
09:36 AM on 03/23/11
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
"It doesn’t sound that interesting but it’s awesome because some kid who looks up to you could be the next Johnny Craig; they could grow into this great musician that you and everyone else will love."

Um...what?
Yeah, noticed that too. Gross.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests