AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 74 of 74
05:15 AM on 03/25/11
richie
User Info.
Like the chorus, love the production, not really sure about the verses... his vocals sound annoying. But I guess I'll still check it out, I liked the ep.
05:30 AM on 03/25/11
Giuseppe
Italy
User Info.
Please not John Feldmann, not again...That man is everywhere.
05:35 AM on 03/25/11
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
User Info.
This band makes me feel a lot better about my band.
06:13 AM on 03/25/11
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
i used to love this band before lonely road is released
07:34 AM on 03/25/11
HardcoreCracker
Lights Out In Vegas
User Info.
This song is awesome.
08:07 AM on 03/25/11
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nah this band is irrelevant forever at this point. I wonder if they'll release this independently...no way I'd release music by this band if I was a label. Not only will they not sell many records, they don't even have any potential to lean back on. Lonely Road was a huge step back from the first record and they've somehow managed to further lose their identity and even become worse musicians.Can't find a single good reason to back this group.
Here is the sad truth...that EP they released by themselves sold over 30K at $6 a piece on itunes in the first month or so (from a friend that is close with the band.) So they cleared close to 180k less some itunes fees...

That is how they funded the record and can continue to live.

A smart label wouldn't put much money into trying to take them where they once were, but would set up a distribution deal, do a little marketing for the album, and make money because it would be easy.

That being said, the band has blown dick since day 1. They can't sell out jackrabbits in jacksonville, which they sold out numerous times before they were signed.
09:31 AM on 03/25/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Here is the sad truth...that EP they released by themselves sold over 30K at $6 a piece on itunes in the first month or so (from a friend that is close with the band.) So they cleared close to 180k less some itunes fees...

A smart label wouldn't put much money into trying to take them where they once were, but would set up a distribution deal, do a little marketing for the album, and make money because it would be easy.

That being said, the band has blown dick since day 1. They can't sell out jackrabbits in jacksonville, which they sold out numerous times before they were signed.
I love that venue. Makes me sad that they play there.
10:12 AM on 03/25/11
SneakySneakers
My senses are pleasured, comrade.
User Info.
I read that as 'rape.'
10:49 AM on 03/25/11
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love that venue. Makes me sad that they play there.
Definitely, JRs is like a second home for my band, and for me from about 14 until now. In reality though, a lot of horrible bands play a lot of shows there. Blood on the Dance Floor played there...
01:17 PM on 03/25/11
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Nu metal ? I never liked this band but it's even worse than i was expecting.
10:02 PM on 03/25/11
Chadhole
Nad Bashing
User Info.
Like many of you, i haven't listened to them since their debut album.
it's not terrible...but i don't know about it..
06:32 PM on 03/27/11
LexXchaos
making the perfect mess of my life
User Info.
I've liked everything they put out, but I LOVED Don't You Fake It. The begining of the song was awesome, but the rest was just decent.
02:59 AM on 03/28/11
MostAwesome
Go get'em!
User Info.

They're managed by The Collective, and I'm pretty sure it's coming out through The Collective's own label.
10:14 PM on 04/01/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I understand all the hate this band gets but in the end I know its just opinions. I personally felt Lonely Road had some good songs and loved Don't You Fake It. The EP was not my style yet I like it and found myself actually enjoying this. Personalty I don't know what to say about this single tbh. Its pretty good imo but something seems off. I will wait till the whole record is out and see how it fits.

I know opinion to hate or dislike their music is up to the user but I gotta wonder how many people are just joining the bandwagon. Just a thought. My opinions and musical taste conflict with a lot of people and reviews on this site sometimes but I guess its all good if I enjoy it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos