1. How did you get your band name?
We all used to be in a band called He's Not Gay! We decided to take a break from that project to pursue a new band. When coming up with the band name, we felt that We Are/She Is was a clever way of extending he's not gay into this new project. All the ladies in He's Not Gay were actually lesbian, so we extended that and placed the title in the girls' hands, therefore bringing up the name We Are/She Is.
2. How did this band get started?
This band got started in the summer of 2010. Merilou approached Jessie to pursue this new sound together, and then they picked up Randi and Hansel whom they were both in bands with in the past.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by The Killers, Matt and Kim, Metric and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Ok Go, Matt and Kim, Uh Huh Her, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Blink 182, The Killers, Coldplay and The Naked and Famous
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We try to keep our music upbeat and optimistic, making sure that it can touch with any audience that listens to it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Merilou- I'd switch places with ...umm...idk probably a basketball player just to see how the world is seen from 2 feet above me.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Friends, parents, family, the people we worked with such as producers, managers etc. and each other.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would bring physical distribution of music back in. There's nothing like having a physical copy of a music and playing it through a player; be it vinyl, tape player or cd player. It's just a completely different vibe.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We played San Diego Pride and our drummer couldn't make it. So we had Randi, who plays guitar and has never had any experience with percussion, play bongos for us live. It was hella funny.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great way to find emerging artists. It's also great to find artists that you can communicate and touch base with in the community.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Sweet melodies". Jessie likes to play "Barlights."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink 182, the Spice Girls and The Aquabats
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Learn to fly. Screw you rush hour LA Traffic.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Naaaa not really.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans probably don't know that over the summer, Randi, Jessie and Merilou had a baseball team that played games every Sunday. Fun times!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Bands still can flourish from the radio, especially internet radio. That's not necessarily saying that you will get paid, but exposure to the mass media is the most efficient way to do it.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Yogurtland or visit Randi at Microcenter
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Umm.... eh.