AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video Games News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Games Round-Up (03/27/11)

Posted by - 03:00 PM on 03/27/11
This week's Games Round-Up can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
03:00 PM on 03/27/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together:

Games Round-Up So, did you get a 3DS? I have to tell you that top screen is a hell of a drug. One look at it's crisp no glasses 3D and you get hooked. I had to lock myself in the bathroom for 2 days just to make sure I didn't run out and pre-order one, because quite frankly I'm not sure I need one, but man do I want one real bad.

My name is Jim Plachy, I am from the website Four Player Co-Op and I come here.......semi regularly to let you know about the video games. Let's go!

SONY

Sony has indefinitely delayed Motorstorm: Apocalypse due to the tragic earthquake in Japan.

Ubisoft has delayed both the HD trilogies of Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia. Prince of Persia will be out April 19th and Splinter Cell will be out June 21st.

Sony has demanded that if you make games for the NGP then the game must be available digitally and physically or at least digitally if you are going to release it physically as well.

NINTENDO

The 3DS came out today!

MICROSOFT

Not a whole lot out of Microsoft this week.

PC

You can buy hats in Team Fortress 2 and the proceeds go to Japan Earthquake relief. Also, no Half Life news.

EVERYTHING ELSE

Duke Nuke Forever got pushed back! HAHAHAHAHAHA! It will be out in North America June 14th and everywhere else June 10th.

Homefront has sold 1 million copies worldwide and shipped 2.4 million copies despite the fact that it's the worst game I've played this year.

Since football players are crybabies and wont play football this year EA is going to let the fans pick who makes the cover of Madden 12! I hope the dog killer guy gets it! Or OJ Simpson.

Beenox will announce a new Spider-Man game at WonderCon next weekend.

Red Faction Battlegrounds the downloadable vehicular combat game set in the Red Faction universe is due out April 5th. It will run you $9.99 unless you are a Playstation Plus subscriber, then it's free. Everyone is assuming it will be released on Xbox Live Arcade as well, but it hasn't exactly been confirmed yet.

The Weinstein Company has started TWC Games to make games based on their film and TV properties. Expect a Project Runway Facebook game any day now.

Capcom is celebrating the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil by doing downloadable HD versions of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica. Enjoy buying those again.

Speaking of Resident Evil the rumored multiplayer action heavy Resident Evil game Operation Raccoon City has been sort of confirmed.

PSAs

No PSAs this week.

RELEASES

Tiger Woods 12

WWE Allstars

Dynasty Warriors 7

The 3rd Birthday

Shift 2 Unleashed

NASCAR 11

LINKS

Looking for links to video game news?

Four Player Co-Op
Joystiq
Kotaku
1UP

Contributor: be mine

Alright that's going to do it, but I have something really important to plug. The 100th episode of my podcast Bullshot! is coming up on April 7th and we are going to do it LIVE on Ustream. So it would be super rad if you could be in the audience we would appreciate it. You can ask us questions on the show by using our Formspring.
03:01 PM on 03/27/11
FallenEmpyr
User Info.
Where is it? :(
03:04 PM on 03/27/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
look now
03:33 PM on 03/27/11
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
User Info.
is homefront really that bad?
03:38 PM on 03/27/11
DeviateRogue
Silence of the Rams
User Info.
just by the commercials it looked meh at best, the only thing going for it was the writer... but other than that bleh.
03:46 PM on 03/27/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The single player campaign is the worst thing I've played so far this year. I can't speak to the multiplayer.
04:03 PM on 03/27/11
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
Can't wait for that new Resident Evil game. I hope it turns out as awesome as it sounds.
04:35 PM on 03/27/11
ianpritchard
psnoak.bandcamp.com
User Info.
The 3DS is amazing.
05:02 PM on 03/27/11
ThrownAwayKyle
User Info.
as soon as i saw the test screen for the 3ds i was hooked. its incredible
05:29 PM on 03/27/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
hopefully my gamestop will have a 3DS to test out. I'd like to see if it's as cool as it seems
05:33 PM on 03/27/11
Basketcase
User Info.
what i really hate about most new games is how they soley focus more on the multiplayers aspect of games rather than single player
05:38 PM on 03/27/11
Simulcast
Just a free ride and a big scam
User Info.
what i really hate about most new games is how they soley focus more on the multiplayers aspect of games rather than single player
We need a new Half-Life more than ever.
07:05 PM on 03/27/11
atrio
It's always on my troubled mind.
User Info.
We need a new Half-Life more than ever.
this :( homefront was horibleeeeeeeeeeeeee. APB beta is keeping my interest on the pc right now tho.
07:08 PM on 03/27/11
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stoked on Tiger Woods 2012, haven't bought one in years but im feeling the itch.

Also trying to avoid playing a 3DS as i know ill want one.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos