AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

A Day To Remember News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Absolute Access: A Day To Remember

Posted by - 07:05 AM on 03/28/11
Check the replies to see an interview with A Day To Remember.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 71
07:05 AM on 03/28/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
07:22 AM on 03/28/11
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't like the new album that much at ALL. but I respect them and don't think they "sold out". I think they just ran out good material
07:30 AM on 03/28/11
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
I'm not a fan of the new album either, but the interview was interesting. Particularly the part about not taking themselves too seriously. I'm curious which bands/artists they're talking about that have "talked shit" on them.

Saw em play Saturday night in KC, they still put on a pretty good show.
07:37 AM on 03/28/11
sammyboy516
User Info.
I really like the new album. It's much more my style than their older stuff, which I also liked. I'll check this interview out later.
07:38 AM on 03/28/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Don't like the new album that much at ALL. but I respect them and don't think they "sold out". I think they just ran out good material

This pretty much. I think if they tried harder they could make a really great record.
07:52 AM on 03/28/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I personally love the new album. I think they went in the right direction and didn't just try to be super hard and dumb it down.
08:00 AM on 03/28/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I think the album is really good. Which is an unpopular opinion. I do wish they didn't blow up so fast because now they're fans are scene kids and mtv kids. There are very few "old fans" at the shows. And the fact that they're starting to play big venues. Otherwise I still love them and think they're really funny
08:06 AM on 03/28/11
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the album is really good. Which is an unpopular opinion. I do wish they didn't blow up so fast because now they're fans are scene kids and mtv kids. There are very few "old fans" at the shows. And the fact that they're starting to play big venues. Otherwise I still love them and think they're really funny
hell yah, you dont know what i'd do to go back in time during those shows without barriers screaming "were taking over the world" into the mic again... such a thrill. New albums got a couple of okay songs, they should take out their heavy element now though, its way too forced.
08:08 AM on 03/28/11
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
I think ADTR is at it's peak or soon will be. I love it when bands like this get "big" but nowadays it only last a short time.
08:11 AM on 03/28/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
The more I think about it, the less I like the new album. I think they hit their peak with Homesick
08:16 AM on 03/28/11
Mikeallover
User Info.
I love all of their albums but I honestly dont see them getting much bigger until the vocals get better during their live performances. Sometimes they sound okay and then sometimes it's just bad (screamed vocals always sound good though).
08:28 AM on 03/28/11
jornor
RVA
User Info.
The more I think about it, the less I like the new album. I think they hit their peak with Homesick
Homesick was not their peak
08:30 AM on 03/28/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Homesick was not their peak
In popularity, not it wasn't. But I don't believe they will make an album that good again. I know it's not always regarded as their best, but I think it is.
08:48 AM on 03/28/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Great interview, perfect balance of serious questions with funny ones.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos