Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts
09:32 AM on 03/28/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
So fucking excited for this record. Great review. Really hope the production doesn't take me out of it like it did on their last two
the production is fantastic, sometimes Geoff is hard to hear but that's because they were going to for that vibe on that track. The production really brings out how rich musically this album is. It's encompassing.
09:37 AM on 03/28/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I can see it working a lot more for a record as atmospheric as this, but the muddyness really didn't work for me on their last two. I'm stoked though, sounds like it's gona be pretty special
I think they found the perfect balance this time.
10:14 AM on 03/28/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I have the weirdest boner right now.
haha
05:29 AM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
This may be the most biased album review I've ever read. Come at me, bro!
all reviews are biased, idiot
05:29 AM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Agreed. I have a feeling this will be like the new Underoath CD; AP.net staff members see some unseen greatness in it which is greatly exaggerated. I like Thursday and Uř but I feel like this staff is partial to many of these pioneer/classic bands. The user review scores back me up.
the user review scores don't mean shit here cause no one in this thread has heard it.
05:30 AM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I agree that this should be bought but Thursday has at least built a good career and there are younger bands that could honestly use the money more.
you are so off based here it's hilarious. Geoff has to work at a second job when they aren't touring because they don't make that much money.
09:11 AM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
The score is meant to represent that this album is absolutely incredible and worth your time, it's not suppose to represent 'oh man only 2% away from perfection!', cuz that's not how I do my ratings.
10:34 AM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
98... so this tops Abbey Road? OK Computer? Zeppelin IV?
Please..
I don't remember writing that in my review?
05:42 PM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
A lot of swings and misses in here.
02:25 PM on 03/30/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
This isn't hockey: we don't retire numbers because no one else can ever be better than (insert album from the 60's).

Reviews aren't relative to everything else in the universe: he's giving a rating based on his evaluation of a record. If I got a 100% on a writing assignment, it doesn't mean no one else ever can get that high again or that if someone else gets a 100%, that they wrote the exact same paper as me.

The only way to fix the issue is to disable comments on reviews. If people want to say something about the rating or feel it's unfair, they can listen to the album and write their own review and post it on their blog or website or submit it to the user reviews on this site.

I don't get it, no one has even heard this record. Why does someone saying it's amazing have such a negative effect? You should be EXCITED someone liked an album this much and look forward to hearing it so you can formulate your own opinion on it...that's the point of a positive review.
I could kiss you on the mouth right now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos