Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 15 posts.
04:13 PM on 03/28/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
SO excited for this album. "Magnets Caught in a Metal Heart" is just too perfect.

So excited. And I'm always glad when you guys review an album before it comes out. Can't wait for that closer.

Amazing avatar. I just got that very poster signed by him here at Michigan State, when he and the director came for a meet and greet/pre-screening. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the movie. :(
06:13 PM on 03/28/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Haha, that's the coolest thing ever man.
He was such an awesome dude in person. Plus he signed my buddy's backpack with "School is for pussies"
09:16 PM on 03/28/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I agree that this should be bought but Thursday has at least built a good career and there are younger bands that could honestly use the money more.
bold statement, sir
07:15 AM on 03/29/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
how many users have actually heard this? 1. stop bashing the score. 2. stop giving this album member ratings before you've lsitened to it
07:16 AM on 03/29/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I'm really curious to how you have already determined the score is too high without ever hearing the entire album.

Score is irrelevant when music is subjective.
07:37 AM on 03/29/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Out of your last 25 reviews or so at least 12 have been 90+. Get rid of the numerical scores because they have validity or meaning, judging by them half the records released lately are life changing classic albums.
stop complaining and write your own review
04:29 PM on 03/29/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Which is my biggest problem with the scores. In the new website I am definitely moving to a 1-10 score system. And part of me is playing with some ideas of how or when to even show a score to begin with. Some A-B testing is definitely in order ... but I am giving it a lot of thought because I hate reading review comments where people talk about the score more than the music or the review. That bugs me.
i think 1-10 rating would be better for sure. but yes, test it out, see what works best!
05:19 AM on 03/30/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Which is my biggest problem with the scores. In the new website I am definitely moving to a 1-10 score system. And part of me is playing with some ideas of how or when to even show a score to begin with. Some A-B testing is definitely in order ... but I am giving it a lot of thought because I hate reading review comments where people talk about the score more than the music or the review. That bugs me.
Just out of curiosity, are old album review scores going to be changed to fit whatever new rating scale is implemented? Or will this, for example, still be a 98/100?
07:17 PM on 04/01/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
sounds good but i doubt it can top "a city by the light divided". . .that album will always be their undisputed masterpiece
oh, i think just about everyone here will dispute that claim
03:36 PM on 04/02/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
yeah, i knew that was going to happen. . .i think "full collapse" in an exceptional album but i think a lot of people say it's their best because it's their most beloved and broke the rules back in 2001 and is a classic in the genre, just because an album is praised in the underground and has stigma attached to it doesn't necessarily make it their best. . .when i listen to full collapse i'm thinking "wow, this is a fantastic album". when i listen to "a city by the light" i get goosebumps and don't really have any words. . .that's just me of course but i think that is why i think "city" is their masterpiece
i agree with you mostly. i love "common existence" more than any of their albums, but i didnt listen to much Thursday before 2009.
02:14 PM on 04/06/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
You have to take the scores in context, in the scene Vheissu is up top, whereas in just music standards it's in now way near the top 2% of albums ever. Also the % rating is way skewed, since you make 5 or 6 categories out of 10, then they round up to give a % which means that while you may think the album is great, the % would be different than what you wanted.
wtf
03:59 PM on 04/06/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
The rating system on this site is annoying and strange.
While that may or may not be true, your explanation there made very little sense. Also, please realize that what matters here is the music, and only the music. Not petty numbers.
04:00 PM on 04/06/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
You're crazy! 5 Stars?! That's equal to 100%!!

/sarcasm
09:01 PM on 04/06/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Stating the obvious but ok.
If it is obvious, then why did you make that terribly written post about review scores?
10:32 PM on 04/23/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
The album deserves every bit of praise that it gets. Anyone that says the production sounds "muddled," I advise you to buy the CD and not download it off of Mediafire. Makes a world of a difference.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums