Username
Password

Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 351
09:36 AM on 04/07/11
GerryK1978
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always like to see bands progress and on this album I feel Thursday are progressing musically. A City By The Light Divided and Common Existence felt like the band was stuck in 2nd gear, as much as I loved the two albums and have pretty much loved everything Thursday have created as albums

this reminds me very much of Thrice going from The Artist In The Ambulance which don't get me wrong is probably one of my favourite all time albums and coming out with Vheissu which completely changed the genre they were classed as and allowed them to open up so many boundaries as they have done with stuff like The Alchemy Index and Beggars

Thursday showed signs of this with the Envy split with songs like An Absurd and Unrealistic Dream of Peace which I think should have been on Common Existence because it's a great song but they decided to use As He Climbed the Dark Mountain which again is a great song but I feel the former was better. I feel the review score from Drew isn't really exaggerated because this is easily going to be my album of the year unless Thrice come out with something that is mindblowing, infact I feel the same way about this album as I did when I first listened to Vheissu and we all know the review score that album got

The only thing I need to get is the CD but I should hopefully have that in the next few days but even with the lesser quality, this is really an album that has opened so much up for Thursday which is good for the band as they can hopefully continue to progress as much as they have in No Devolución
10:49 AM on 04/07/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Haha, while it's a comedy site, their forums rock, especially the movie and music forums.
If they're using "screamo" to describe this Thursday album, I remain skeptical.
11:50 AM on 04/07/11
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
How anyone could view this as screamo is beyond me.
11:35 PM on 04/07/11
AvengeCasper
User Info.
In the words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT" - figured it was fitting since Thursday is from NJ (home of the JETS even though they're billed out of NY.
05:58 AM on 04/08/11
Christian Otte
Get money fuck bitches smoke trees
User Info.
I thought it was pretty obvious what he meant - when screamo bands get older they start making post-rock.
06:41 AM on 04/08/11
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
When were Thursday "screamo"?
07:12 AM on 04/08/11
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
Listened last night.

Totally lived up to the review.
10:07 AM on 04/08/11
boscorelli
destination: beautiful
User Info.
would love to know if this is still worth 98 in 6 months from now? review system on this site is in need of a fix, seeing as how nearly every major review gets trashed. why not switch to a letter grade system? although it probably wouldn't matter, as every album would get an A+ then. whatever.

production on this is their worst yet...one of the muddiest sounding albums ever, nothing is given any room to breathe. maybe it will grow on me.
07:03 PM on 04/08/11
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
this album is downright amazing
10:11 PM on 04/08/11
TheBaroness
User Info.
Fuck, this album is so good.

I'm so glad they finally committed to this direction.
01:02 AM on 04/10/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I still haven't listened to this yet, waiting till it comes out. Two days -- can one guy maintain an 'anticipation boner' for that long? Let's find out.
06:00 AM on 04/10/11
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
Sparks against the sun is stunning
04:32 PM on 04/12/11
nbtobias
User Info.
Very well written review, i completely agree with it especially your closing statement. This album is a deep, beautiful work of art.
07:42 AM on 04/13/11
Dookie1
User Info.
Seen this band support Rise Against... Their a descent band, its not an immaculate album, their is flaws, but its listenable..
07:43 AM on 04/13/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
Seen this band support Rise Against... Their a descent band, its not an immaculate album, their is flaws, but its listenable..

I really hope you're a foreigner with such shitty spelling and grammar.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos