Username
Password

Comments: Page 22
Displaying posts 315 - 330 of 350
08:44 AM on 04/13/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
Seen this band support Rise Against... Their a descent band, its not an immaculate album, their is flaws, but its listenable..

I really hope you're a foreigner with such shitty grammar.
09:01 AM on 04/13/11
Dookie1
User Info.
Sorry for the typo mistake.. And i misspelled one word... Very sorry that i annoyed you, but your response is a bit harsh.
09:12 AM on 04/13/11
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
I really like Open Quotes and Magnets Caught In A Metal Heart. Overall though, much better than Common Existence. Considering how much I loved Common Existence, that's saying quite a bit.
03:58 PM on 04/13/11
Fycus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't get the hype behind this album at all. I've never been a huge Thursday fan, however I found there was far too much reverb going on, it almost reminded me of Foal's first album that was criticized for too much reverb. The tracks didn't really stand out to me and overall I was left feeling really bored. I'll probably give it a few more spins but I doubt my opinion will change.
07:03 PM on 04/13/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
Sorry for the typo mistake.. And i misspelled one word... Very sorry that i annoyed you, but your response is a bit harsh.

they're*

there*

it's*
06:17 AM on 04/14/11
over.reaction
Registered Member
User Info.
I really, really like this album, but I don't feel like I connect with it at all other than the songs I heard before. Hope this changes. Took a while for CE to fully hit me.
11:39 AM on 04/14/11
Geoffthurs
Thursday / Geoff
User Info.
Don't get the hype behind this album at all. I've never been a huge Thursday fan, however I found there was far too much reverb going on, it almost reminded me of Foal's first album that was criticized for too much reverb. The tracks didn't really stand out to me and overall I was left feeling really bored. I'll probably give it a few more spins but I doubt my opinion will change.

Antidotes by Foals is a favorite. So thanks for the compliment!!!
11:59 AM on 04/14/11
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
User Info.
I can't say enough good things about how everything fits together on this record, especially Tucker and Andrew's parts. Link to my full review.
01:09 PM on 04/14/11
Fycus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Antidotes by Foals is a favorite. So thanks for the compliment!!!
After a second listening I like it more, but I don't know if it does anything for me. Cool that you like Foals as well, I thought Total Life Forever was killer. Keep on rockin' in the free world.
02:26 PM on 04/14/11
pj4353
Pj Pajamas
User Info.
Even though this isn't another Full Collapse or War All the Time...which literally made up most of what I listened to when I was younger. This is the first time their new direction has finally come together and worked as something that can stand alone and as tall as Full Collapse and War All The Time.
02:37 PM on 04/14/11
pj4353
Pj Pajamas
User Info.
I really didnt like common existence...idk maybe i didnt get it
04:26 AM on 04/17/11
amsguitarist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been listening since the beginning. For some reason I just can't stand the mixing job done on this album and City. The vocals are pushed too far into the instruments and the lyrics themselves don't stand out as they once used to. I understand the goal is to achieve more cohesion with the entire band but I think it can be done without drowning out the vocals. The vocal melodies are very good but I have trouble connecting with them because they are too deeply mixed into the music. Was this intentional? Multiple people I've talked to said they thought the mix was crappy. These are also people that loved War All The Time and Full Collapse.
07:58 PM on 04/17/11
ihaveblink
User Info.
Really lovin this album.
05:36 AM on 04/18/11
Fuzzmite
User Info.
In my opinion, it seems that Thursday took tracks like Autumn Leaves Revisited, Love Has Led Us Astray, Circuits Of Fever to heart, and in that musical direction they have matured, and put forth such an immersive aural experience yet retaining an uniquely Thursday edge.

Simply brilliant music. Excellent album review as well.
06:14 PM on 04/19/11
Heartcore
singforlove
User Info.
The thing that strikes me most about this amazing album is that, at its core, it's a hardcore album. Musically the songs are very rhythm driven with beautiful flourishes of melody and lyrically the content is that of every great hardcore record but taken to another level.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos