AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 351.
05:16 PM on 03/28/11
swankylaxplayer
User Info.
After listening to the couple new songs on their Myspace I wasn't completely taken with them, but Common Existence took a little while to grow on me too.
06:13 PM on 03/28/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Haha, that's the coolest thing ever man.
He was such an awesome dude in person. Plus he signed my buddy's backpack with "School is for pussies"
06:26 PM on 03/28/11
joeycYDG
Your rational mind's insane
User Info.
I have such high hopes for this album.
06:47 PM on 03/28/11
CoheedForever
The Afterman
User Info.
Can't wait to get this vinyl!
07:35 PM on 03/28/11
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
This album is definitely up there for AOTY. Yellowcard holds that crown right now, but I feel that Thrice or Thursday can easily take that away from them. Two weeks and I think I'll have the soundtrack to my life (no pun intended) in my hands and ears. 98% is a wild score, but considering that it's Thursday and they hype this album has been getting from the staff here, I'm sure it'll live up to the score and more.
07:44 PM on 03/28/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Oh god, the wait!
07:45 PM on 03/28/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
You should feel ashamed of yourself if you download this illegally. Some bands deserve every penny for their craft. Thursday is one of them.
07:57 PM on 03/28/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Very excited to hear this. Should be a good album.

However 98% seems very high. The review scores on this site seem to be sky rocketing...

Agreed. I have a feeling this will be like the new Underoath CD; AP.net staff members see some unseen greatness in it which is greatly exaggerated. I like Thursday and Uø but I feel like this staff is partial to many of these pioneer/classic bands. The user review scores back me up.
08:01 PM on 03/28/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
You should feel ashamed of yourself if you download this illegally. Some bands deserve every penny for their craft. Thursday is one of them.
I agree that this should be bought but Thursday has at least built a good career and there are younger bands that could honestly use the money more.
08:23 PM on 03/28/11
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
very exciting
09:02 PM on 03/28/11
rushour144
User Info.
Totally agree. It's pretty close to a perfect record!
09:02 PM on 03/28/11
Under The Knife
User Info.
This may be the most biased album review I've ever read. Come at me, bro!
09:16 PM on 03/28/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I agree that this should be bought but Thursday has at least built a good career and there are younger bands that could honestly use the money more.
bold statement, sir
09:43 PM on 03/28/11
GemmaLovesNever
User Info.
I can see it working a lot more for a record as atmospheric as this, but the muddyness really didn't work for me on their last two. I'm stoked though, sounds like it's gona be pretty special
For sure this. The last two records, I tried and tried to 100% get into, but the vocals seemed to be pushed so far back that I could barely make them out. Maybe they'll sound the same for this record too, but maybe it'll suit. Hope so. Whenever a Full Collapse or War All The Time songs rolls around the vocals sound killer.

Muddiness is a good adjective.
09:55 PM on 03/28/11
DeadCityScars
Pit Boss
User Info.
For sure this. The last two records, I tried and tried to 100% get into, but the vocals seemed to be pushed so far back that I could barely make them out. Maybe they'll sound the same for this record too, but maybe it'll suit. Hope so. Whenever a Full Collapse or War All The Time songs rolls around the vocals sound killer.

Muddiness is a good adjective.
This was a problem with a lot of the songs on A City. But not so with Common Existence. Geoff's vocals really drive that album.

Could you point to a specific example on CE where the vocals could have been more evident?
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums