AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sum41 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Screaming Bloody Interview

Posted by - 04:04 PM on 03/28/11
In a new interview, Cone from Sum 41 discusses how they were forced to pay for the last two songs on their album by themselves due to growing issues with Island Records, among other things.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
04:16 PM on 03/28/11
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
I liked how he went in depth with the Island Records situation. Cone has to be my favorite in the band.
04:19 PM on 03/28/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I wasn't even going to buy this album at first, but over the past couple weeks I've become incredibly stoked
04:20 PM on 03/28/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
Fantastic support there from Island.
04:26 PM on 03/28/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I'm excited to grab this tomorrow. I'm not expecting it to be their best album, but I know it is going to be fun and enjoyable
04:45 PM on 03/28/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I'm excited to grab this tomorrow. I'm not expecting it to be their best album, but I know it is going to be fun and enjoyable

I like it alot, there are some bad tracks that are totally out of place (time for you to go and baby you don't want to know) but I like the new record alot.

Oh and fuck Island records. In some aspects i can understand why Island got fed up, the band has been recording for a while and that shit is expensive. At the end of it all, It's just one of millions of stories of how bad majors can be to their cash cows.
04:51 PM on 03/28/11
boscorelli
destination: beautiful
User Info.
I like it alot, there are some bad tracks that are totally out of place (time for you to go and baby you don't want to know) but I like the new record alot.

Oh and fuck Island records. In some aspects i can understand why Island got fed up, the band has been recording for a while and that shit is expensive. At the end of it all, It's just one of millions of stories of how bad majors can be to their cash cows.
doesn't sound like they were that bad at all...they just wanted to see the album come out. at least the band has a label behind them who is anxious to put their releases out, i am sure many bands would be glad to have that
04:59 PM on 03/28/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
doesn't sound like they were that bad at all...they just wanted to see the album come out. at least the band has a label behind them who is anxious to put their releases out, i am sure many bands would be glad to have that

Well they were anxious probably due to the warped tour being a success for them and money. If the label paid for the house they rented put to record for a long time then I can understand 100% why the label were like "the album is done, we are not paying anymore money". Majors care more about $$ than art itself.
05:07 PM on 03/28/11
chelsealouanne
Registered Member
User Info.
Same old stuff in these recent interviews, but it's good to see how much promotion/press is going towards SBM. One more day!
05:19 PM on 03/28/11
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
I actually really enjoyed the record. I agree with some people, there are a couple out of place tracks, but there are some great moments on the record. I would love to know the two tracks that they paid for because they wanted them on the record that bad!
05:46 PM on 03/28/11
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Damn good album. Definitely a return to form after the disastrous last album.
06:30 PM on 03/28/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
island is pissed cuz they wont sign with the illuminati
06:35 PM on 03/28/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Screaming Bloody Murder is at least a step in the right direction. Underclass Hero was terrible, but Sum 41 have always been consistently enjoyable at least, with the exception of Underclass.
07:29 PM on 03/28/11
TZE
User Info.
great interview. never understood the hate on UCH. loved that album
08:52 PM on 03/28/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
great interview. never understood the hate on UCH. loved that album
Same here

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News