AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hip-Hop News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Full Lineup Announced for Soundset 2011

Posted by - 11:49 PM on 03/31/11
Independent hip-hop festival Soundset recently announced the full lineup for their 2011 showcase. Head to the replies to check out the list as well as the full press release.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
11:49 PM on 03/31/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
Soundset Festival 2011
Soundset 2011 Announces Full Lineup
Including Atmosphere, Big Boi & De La Souls

General On Sale is Friday, April 1, 2011 at 11:00AM local time

Rhymesayers Entertainment and Rose Presents bring you the fourth annual Soundset Festival: the official Midwest kick-off of the summer with nine hours of the best independent Hip Hop music in one day. It all goes down at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, MN (rain or shine).

Confirmed artists for Soundset 2011 include:Atmosphere, Big Boi, De La Soul, Slaughterhouse (Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, Royce da 5'9", Crooked I), Brother Ali, Doomtree (P.O.S, Dessa, Sims, Cecil Otter, Mike Mictlan, Lazerbeak, Papertiger), Evidence x Rakaa-Iriscience x DJ Babu, Mac Miller, Curren$y, Blueprint, Grieves & Budo, Zion I & The Grouch, Sab The Artist, DJ Abilities, Face Candy, Edan with special guest Paten Locke, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Looptroop Rockers, Rubberoom, Soulcrate Music, 2Mex, Mr. Gene Poole, Qwazaar, Longshot, MaLLy, Desdamona, Duenday, Midwest Konnect, Rocky Diamonds, Stage One, Shortkut, Noam The Drummer, Exile, Maseo, Skeme Richards, Kid Cut Up and Espada. Hosted by Toki Wright, Carnage and Kevin Beacham.

In 2010, Rhymesayers and Rose Presents produced the third year of Soundset to an outdoor festival setting at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, MN with over 18,000 people in attendance, including: two stages with over 40 artists performing, B-Boy battles, MC battle, live DJs, live artists painting, skateboard demos and a custom car show. Soundset 2011 is expected to be even bigger this year!

"The biggest indie-rap festival of the year..." URB.com

After their sold out To All My Friends and Welcome to Minnesota tours Atmosphere returns this year to the Soundset mainstage in support of their upcoming April 12th album releaseThe Family Sign. On the heels of his highly successful and critically acclaimed release Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, Big Boi, one half of superstar combo Outkast, brings his legendary live show and catalog to the Twin Cities for one of the best hip hop sets you'll see all year. Slaughterhouse, including the full lineup of Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, Royce da 5'9" & Crooked I perform together in Minnesota for the first time in 2 years! Referred to as "one of independent Rap's strongest voices" by HipHopDX, Brother Ali will once again deliver his raw emotion on the main stage. Fly Society founder and Jet Life CEO Curren$y makes his Soundset debut. Soundset veteran Blueprint takes the stage in support of his upcoming April 5th release Adventures in Counter-Culture! Named one of XXL Magazine's "2011 Freshmen," Mac Miller makes his Minnesota debut performance at Soundset. Doomtree returns with the entire crew for their first mainstage performance. In support of his upcoming Rhymesayers debut release Cat & Dogs, Evidence teams up with Rakaa-Iriscience, hot off his new release Crown of Thorns and DJ Babu to bring you a special combined set showcasing their solo efforts while giving fans some Dilated classics as well. And this year we're proud to announce a first ever De La Soul Soundset performance. Whether young or old this iconic hip hop group's performance will be a favorite of the year!

With options of two stages delivering over 40 artists performing nine hours of diverse music, an expanded B-Boy/B-Girl DJ tent which includes the newly added Red Bull EmSee Battle, live painting exhibit, skate demo area, Soundset custom car show and a special Last of the Record Buyers production showcase, Soundset 2011 is guaranteed to provide fun for the whole family!

Tickets are on sale Friday, April 1, 2011 at 11:00AM local time to the general public through www.ticketweb.com and Fifth Element. General admission tickets are $38 ($3 facility fee and parking are included in ticket price), VIP options are also available!

Visit our websites for the latest Soundset Festival 2011 lineup, music and information!

www.soundsetfestival.com
www.facebook.com/soundset
www.twitter.com/soundset
www.rhymesayers.com
11:52 PM on 03/31/11
D' Evils
User Info.
The line up isnt as great as last years but its still full of some great acts. Ill be road tripping it up to MN from CO for the second consecutive year! last year was amazing, im sure this year will be too.
12:12 AM on 04/01/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
Ugh, Atmosphere. Doomtree.

Big Boi, Curren$y and a few others would be awesome to see though.
12:52 AM on 04/01/11
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.

Jesus, shut up.

So excited for this. This is the most fun hip-hop festival in the country. Love it. Been there 5 years in a row, gonna keep that streak going.
12:53 AM on 04/01/11
Chris Collum
User Info.
Jesus, shut up.

So excited for this. This is the most fun hip-hop festival in the country. Love it. Been there 5 years in a row, gonna keep that streak going.
I'm not entitled to my fucking opinion? Atmosphere pisses me off, get off me.
01:12 AM on 04/01/11
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
because he's better than you?
05:41 AM on 04/01/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Needs The Left, Cunninlynguists, Freddie Gibbs, or Blue Scholars.
06:39 AM on 04/01/11
schaft
iESTOY POOPIN!
User Info.
because they're better than you?
Fixed.

Looking forward to this. Always wanted to see De La Soul. Only thing that could have made the line up better, IMO, is having Prof on the bill. And maybe Yelawolf. I knew I should have gone last year.
07:21 AM on 04/01/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Solid. I'd go if I could.
08:02 AM on 04/01/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Awesome line-up. MN hip-hop represent. Even though Atmosphere was kind of boring the last time I saw them it's always fun to see them outdoors.

But, alas, I'm always at my cabin this weekend. Haven't made it to one Soundset and I live 15 mins away. Whatever.
08:05 AM on 04/01/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

If you can't find ANY Atmosphere or ANYTHING from the entire Doomtree collective you enjoy there is something wrong with you. That's if you're into hip-hop of course.
08:38 AM on 04/01/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fixed.

Looking forward to this. Always wanted to see De La Soul. Only thing that could have made the line up better, IMO, is having Prof on the bill. And maybe Yelawolf. I knew I should have gone last year.

I'm from Minneap and HATE Prof. That dude is so weak.
10:27 AM on 04/01/11
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.

No you are not entitled to an opinion that's so stupid. Get off here.
11:10 AM on 04/01/11
kustykash
User Info.
Good lineup, but gonna take a little something better for me to take the trip.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos