Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

New Skrillex Tour Dates and Song

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (04/05/11)
Skrillex has posted new tour dates for the upcoming months. Also, head to the replies to stream his new song, "Reptile Theme" for the new Mortal Kombat.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44.
11:16 PM on 04/05/11
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
11:30 PM on 04/05/11
s12sim
pi >> cake
User Info.
this man is amazing
11:45 PM on 04/05/11
JustinSxE
No longer straight-edge. Awkward.
User Info.
Glad to see that Sonny's getting some (semi) mainstream exposure.
11:45 PM on 04/05/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
in before:

dubstep sucks. he has like two fucking dubstep songs, anyway
skrillex sucks.
skrillex is overrated.
deadmau5 is overrated.
I liked Sonny Moore before Skrillex.
He's selling out.
11:48 PM on 04/05/11
xjdizzle
User Info.
in before:

dubstep sucks. he has like two fucking dubstep songs, anyway
skrillex sucks.
skrillex is overrated.
deadmau5 is overrated.
I liked Sonny Moore before Skrillex.
He's selling out.
He's just finding the easy way to get regain popularity, He doesnt have to use his voice anymore but yea Dubstep is crap
11:48 PM on 04/05/11
armoireofdoom
User Info.
I really dig this track. He killed last thursday in Denver.
11:54 PM on 04/05/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
He's just finding the easy way to get regain popularity, He doesnt have to use his voice anymore but yea Dubstep is crap

If by that you mean he's getting popular fast, then yes. But I think it's a little unreasonable to say that he's doing this project just to get back into the scene. Because do you think even at his peak popularity he would ever be successful enough to make a really nice living out of it? I think he just likes it. I mean he's been doing it for fun for a long time, or so he says. So you can believe him or not on that one. And who said someone can't change genres anyway? Probably a bad analogy but no one criticizes Dallas Green for doing C&C when while doing Alexisonfire...because both acoustic and post-hardcore (whatever Alexisonfire is, I don't want to get into an argument about genres...because that's stupid) are respected a lot more than dubstep and scene stuff like FFTL.

I really don't even like straight dubstep very much but I really like what Skrillex does. Just something to jam to.
11:56 PM on 04/05/11
Iownaps3
User Info.
Not to be "that guy" because I believe everyone has a right to their own opinions, but have you ever actually tried to make dubstep? It isn't easy, let me tell you!!

On a positive note, this song is good, not his best, but still good! Definitely looking forward to his career in the electronic scene!
11:57 PM on 04/05/11
AandAaron
User Info.
good for him. he has an interesting style. all love here.
12:01 AM on 04/06/11
AandAaron
User Info.
Not to be "that guy" because I believe everyone has a right to their own opinions, but have you ever actually tried to make dubstep? It isn't easy, let me tell you!!

On a positive note, this song is good, not his best, but still good! Definitely looking forward to his career in the electronic scene!

very true. coming from experience, electronic music isn't as simple as it sounds. this dude is pretty talented at what he does.
12:19 AM on 04/06/11
xjdizzle
User Info.
If by that you mean he's getting popular fast, then yes. But I think it's a little unreasonable to say that he's doing this project just to get back into the scene. Because do you think even at his peak popularity he would ever be successful enough to make a really nice living out of it? I think he just likes it. I mean he's been doing it for fun for a long time, or so he says. So you can believe him or not on that one. And who said someone can't change genres anyway? Probably a bad analogy but no one criticizes Dallas Green for doing C&C when while doing Alexisonfire...because both acoustic and post-hardcore (whatever Alexisonfire is, I don't want to get into an argument about genres...because that's stupid) are respected a lot more than dubstep and scene stuff like FFTL.

I really don't even like straight dubstep very much but I really like what Skrillex does. Just something to jam to.
I just find it weird he happened to make this type of stuff until now that Electro and dubstep are what's in and some metalcore bands are incorporating it into their songs too, He left FFTL like 5 yrs ago, but maybe he does just like it , His stuff is good but never liked dubstep.
12:32 AM on 04/06/11
Emmure408
User Info.
Sonny!!!!!!!!!!
12:40 AM on 04/06/11
crags
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There is literally no one out there who does what he does. This is such a sick track, never ceases to amaze me. There are just no other dubstep artists out there with the same musical sensibilities as Skrillex. I keep waiting for the "next skrillex" to surface, but it hasn't happened yet. If anything, he's underrated, not the other way around. To top it off he's still super humble and accessible at his shows. I can't speak highly enough about him.
03:24 AM on 04/06/11
bencoles
http://twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
Almost makes me want to see the film if Reptile swaggers around with that playing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS