AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Working Very Hard or Hardly Very Working?

Posted by - 03:38 PM on 04/07/11
A new interview with Blink 182's Mark Hoppus can be found on MTV.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
03:39 PM on 04/07/11
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
No actual NEW news here, but still a good interview. Reassuring if nothing else!
03:41 PM on 04/07/11
boscorelli
destination: beautiful
User Info.
i consider it new in that it is more confirmation. i got very excited reading that. what do you guys think? can it be done in a few months based off of the progress that seems to have been made?
03:42 PM on 04/07/11
Snow_is_falling
xyz i'm a real g
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can't wait for the album but it's obviously hardly very working.
03:43 PM on 04/07/11
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
i consider it new in that it is more confirmation. i got very excited reading that. what do you guys think? can it be done in a few months based off of the progress that seems to have been made?

Nah. It's gonna be tail end of summer at the earliest, I'm afraid. Oh well.
03:44 PM on 04/07/11
cbronder1
Life Is Not A Waiting Room
User Info.
so excited for this. i think it could definitely be out this summer if they push hard enough for it. tom even said that they were gonna finish it all and then release it very soon after.
03:46 PM on 04/07/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Not believing anything until a release date is confirmed. Im still skeptical as hell considering I haven't seen a studio update with all three of them in the same room. And does the "not being in the same room, phoning ideas, thing really work?" Cmon.
03:48 PM on 04/07/11
Kiguel182
life is a test and I get bad marks
User Info.
Cool interview but I hate the way they are writing and recording the album. feels so cold and distance. But that's just me
03:48 PM on 04/07/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
September if we are lucky.
03:57 PM on 04/07/11
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
12 tracks to record, 6 of them done? Blegh
03:59 PM on 04/07/11
Say Hello 87
User Info.
Absolutely nothing new, all I've heard is "just a few more months", I'll still be stoked, but I'm checking other stuff out in the meantime.
03:59 PM on 04/07/11
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
I have faith in their word. If we don't get an album by at LEAST early August, I'll be disappointed.
04:00 PM on 04/07/11
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Yea, there's no way this is coming out in early-to-mid summer. Take your time when you finally have it, don't knock this out super quick if it's not ready.
04:01 PM on 04/07/11
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
Cool interview but I hate the way they are writing and recording the album. feels so cold and distance. But that's just me

Yeah, and you can't help but to think about when they broke up. This is how Tom wanted to record a new record and the other two were against it, talking about how it would "lessen the quality of the music" or something. Not looking into it too much, but I just know as a musician, I wouldn't want to write songs with my band like that.... especially if I were them because their whole dynamic is based off of their chemistry between all three of them.

September if we are lucky.

This. I'm still saying they will be done RECORDING by June... then it will be out in the fall.
04:04 PM on 04/07/11
athdrummer19
User Info.
Blink 182 is the reason these guys can go off and do other projects.. So why aren't they putting their full attention to this band instead of working with the other side projects and wasting time! However, 2 years for an album isn't bad when you consider it took Incubus 5 years between Light Grenades and their upcoming album.. So I guess I'll just keep my hopes up that when it does finally come out, it'll be well worth the wait.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos