Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
11:21 PM on 03/28/07
Jawknee
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
What a terrible thing to say that with Jason Call gone they might get out of their funk -- it's as if you're saying he was holding them back. I really am appalled by that comment. I don't see what's wrong with the Marching Band Intro, in fact it's a great lead into their first single. The lyrics are the same as before you say? Not really. Look at "To Struggle, Love & Mercy, No One Is, Iron in the, etc. -- totally darker than the last album. A 5 in creativity? Right, because the cello, trumpet, banjo, accordion, harp, harmonica, keyboards, marching band percussion, and french horn among other instruments were not nearly as creative as the past album that lacked all of those things. This album deserves at LEAST an 80% -- if that. I agree with the album being the better with the first and last track but it was a much better album than the last one -- not just a little bit -- a lot.
11:40 PM on 03/28/07
Jawknee
User Info.
You're a moron for saying that when clearly I said the opposite.

As for Jason's departure, I only implied adding "fresh blood" to the band may inspire a new direction.

Get off your fucking high horse, and quit being "appalled" by the smallest things.
Wow, first of all, I have every right to make remarks on your review - if you can't handle someone doing that without calling names then don't write a review at all.

"Lyrically, this is about as straightforward as Kenny has gone. There’s not nearly as much imagination here found in past songs such as 'A Year On An Airplane'." I took that as, "the lyrics are pretty simple and were better on the last album," if that's not what you meant, then by all means I apologize.

And I can get appalled at anything I want. Grow up. Act like you're staff here, not a 16 year old brat.
10:50 PM on 03/29/07
Jawknee
User Info.
Okay - to each his own. First time I ever heard them, thats the parallel I drew, and I know tons of others think the same thing. Listen to a song like "Debussy" and tell me you don't hear any similarities.
I don't actually. I never once thought to compare them to Copeland. Might just be you.
10:54 PM on 03/29/07
Jawknee
User Info.
Couple comments:

I was very dissapointed by the production, I'm just not a Squire fan and I think he really held them back. Too many tricks.

The Audition is mediocre. Punchline is one of the worst bands in the scene.

Jawknee is a gigantic Daphne fan and he's going to argue anything you have to say about them if it isn't super nice.

The end.
Sorta true not really. You have Gatsbys, I have Daphne.

The first time I listened to this new Daphne release -- it started off really good. It started to die down, then it picked up again at the end. So just like the reviewer said -- strong entrance, strong ending, sorta jumbled middle. But once I listened again -- I fell in love. I hate judging albums on first listens (even movies with a first watch -- yes, sometimes I watch a movie more than once to make a final opinion). The new record is for sure a better record than the last and they're going in a great direction -- maybe a bit slowly, but they're getting there. I do apologize for any exaggeration in earlier posts.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums