Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Featured Stream: The Honesty

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (04/12/11)
In the mood for some straightforward, no-frills pop/rock? If so, you're in luck. Hit the replies for a stream of The Honesty's new single "Heart" featuring AJ Perdomo of The Dangerous Summer. But wait there's more! You'll also find a stream of another new song, "Runaway" in the replies. Both songs are scheduled to hit iTunes this Friday the 15th. Let us know what you think.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
12:34 AM on 04/12/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.

Heart (feat. AJ Perdomo)

Runaway
03:01 AM on 04/12/11
GemmaLovesNever
User Info.
I could listen to Perdomo sing a guest spot on a Justin Beebs song that was covered by Nickleback from a blow-out live show YouTube recording that some kid filmed with his 2 megapixel camera he got in '03. He scratches my itch that bad.
03:30 AM on 04/12/11
Overpass
Registered Member
User Info.
For some reason I really couldn't stand the female vocals on Heart but hearing Perdomo makes my heart melt a little. Second track makes the girls voice more bearable but still not my thing.

The Dangerous Summer for SW Revolution? I really couldn't be more excited.
03:40 AM on 04/12/11
GemmaLovesNever
User Info.
For some reason I really couldn't stand the female vocals on Heart but hearing Perdomo makes my heart melt a little. Second track makes the girls voice more bearable but still not my thing.

The Dangerous Summer for SW Revolution? I really couldn't be more excited.
Man, me too. TDS at Soundwave, Shit your pants I'm excited.

What's the deal with SW Revs though? I know they a leaking bands so slooooooowly, but do you know when it's on during the year? After Warped?

Reckon Dangerous Summer'll throw some Sidewaves shows down themselves? Maybe support someone?
04:05 AM on 04/12/11
birtcho
is...
User Info.

What's the deal with SW Revs though? I know they a leaking bands so slooooooowly, but do you know when it's on during the year? After Warped?

Reckon Dangerous Summer'll throw some Sidewaves shows down themselves? Maybe support someone?

Holy shit this is the first I've heard of this. Would kill to see them at a sideshow, I can't justify paying the ticket prices for Soundwave when it's filled of heavy bands
04:05 AM on 04/12/11
Overpass
Registered Member
User Info.

There is a revolution thread somewhere on this website, I just can't find it ever. The drip feeding of bands is annoying me too, um from memory they said it starts late September - is that before or after warped? I have no idea.

I'd be leaning towards no sideshows actually, thinking about how SW ended up this year. They could end up playing first support for someone huge but I'd really wish they would play something smaller (OAF, Arthouse, Evelyn sized depending on where you live). I doubt that TDS would have a big enough following in Aus to hold a show by themselves, have you noticed you can't buy anything of theirs here?

Thought the sidewave match ups were good but too sparse this year, some really odd combinations as well - most laughable being the Rocket Summer and Third Eye Blind; such an odd crowd.

Also read somewhere that besides Brisbane all venues will be different, which probably means it's going to be a lot smaller because I can't imagine it feasibly being any bigger. In other news, Splendour line up comes out tomorrow
04:32 AM on 04/12/11
GemmaLovesNever
User Info.
Holy shit this is the first I've heard of this. Would kill to see them at a sideshow, I can't justify paying the ticket prices for Soundwave when it's filled of heavy bands
Old mate Payne posted it on his Twitter. So hard for bands like that down here, seems if you can't book your own headline show somehow, either your Soundwave show or your support show will be played to an un-psyched crowd. I'm just glad we've got something like Soundwave to bring them along in the first time.

P.s. If one other banger of a band that you've never seen, but have always loved get announced. Go to SWR, it'd be worth it. Never know when they'll come backkkkkk.
04:42 AM on 04/12/11
GemmaLovesNever
User Info.
There is a revolution thread somewhere on this website, I just can't find it ever. The drip feeding of bands is annoying me too, um from memory they said it starts late September - is that before or after warped? I have no idea.

I'd be leaning towards no sideshows actually, thinking about how SW ended up this year. They could end up playing first support for someone huge but I'd really wish they would play something smaller (OAF, Arthouse, Evelyn sized depending on where you live). I doubt that TDS would have a big enough following in Aus to hold a show by themselves, have you noticed you can't buy anything of theirs here?

Thought the sidewave match ups were good but too sparse this year, some really odd combinations as well - most laughable being the Rocket Summer and Third Eye Blind; such an odd crowd.

Also read somewhere that besides Brisbane all venues will be different, which probably means it's going to be a lot smaller because I can't imagine it feasibly being any bigger. In other news, Splendour line up comes out tomorrow
After warped. But it makes sense, having them six months apart and all.

No sideshows? Big call. But you divided up our two towns perfectly with that (Oxford, Arthouse, Evelyn) business. Right down the middle. Tell me you've lived in Melbourne before?
I saw the Anberlin side show, but only to see Starting Line. Kind of sucked because kids were just standing around waiting for Anberlin to play. Such a shame how small they are down here, was pretty surprised. So, you are right. Maybe TDS don't have a chance? Hope we are wrong.

I figured it would be smaller too. Imagine if it was in some stadium or tennis centre or something? Terrible.

Yep, I'm psyched for Splendour lineup. If half of a band I half like get listed I'm hopping that plane.
08:24 AM on 04/12/11
jamesbluntbitch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This Band Sucks. Go Away Please. Fuck.
08:54 AM on 04/12/11
eatcereal
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds like songs ive heard a thousand times with some crappy vocals thrown in.. minus aj
09:09 AM on 04/12/11
YOitsTD
We All Need a Reason to Believe
User Info.
This Band Sucks. Go Away Please. Fuck.

Qft
09:14 AM on 04/12/11
jamesbluntbitch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
for real though. I am not just hating to hate. These vocals sound absolutely awful.
09:59 AM on 04/12/11
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
i just cant get behind her vocals
12:13 PM on 04/12/11
absolution
User Info.
I actually sort of love how shrill her voice is.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests