Username
Password

Album Review - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 171.
09:54 AM on 04/14/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
you don't have to be an album reviewer to find it somewhat silly to on one hand give an album a perfect score, only to say that on the other hand, the album is not perfect. guess we just look at scores differently. the reviews on this site are pretty much useless anyways, so i don't even know why i am bothering with this debate. i did enjoy your sharks review though-really enjoying that album.
Well it did only receive a 94. Star ratings have a lot less range. That 94 says a lot about the album when compared to his review. It is a great album with a few flaws that can balance out based on peoples opinion. I don't think any album on this site has ever gotten a 100%. A perfect album is always desired, hunted for, and claimed but their is no such thing. Flaws making the album always give them room to improve. It is a fantastic album and a good review.
09:59 AM on 04/14/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It is a great album. I think music is meant to grasp your attention and be enjoyable which to some degree I can see The Indigo point. The problem with his argument stems from level of talent and quality of songs. Pop songs are great for some but almost everyone can get behind a good rock song. Foo Fighters haven't broke any barriers down but they have provided fans what they want to hear with strong releases within their releases. I feel like they have a set style but definitely not a set formula to their rock. lyrical strength and musicianship count for a lot and Foo Fighters ride to success over and over again with it. Katy Perry may be something of a hot shot now but will she be remembered as a great artist in 20 years. That's how I look at it.
10:37 AM on 04/14/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I really just wish the scoring system could be done away with and replaced with a star-scoring system or something, mostly so people would stop complaining about the scores. Just because a magazine gives a record 5 of 5 stats, it doesn't mean it's a perfect album. I see the ratings system on here the same way.
Thank you.
you don't have to be an album reviewer to find it somewhat silly to on one hand give an album a perfect score, only to say that on the other hand, the album is not perfect. guess we just look at scores differently. the reviews on this site are pretty much useless anyways, so i don't even know why i am bothering with this debate. i did enjoy your sharks review though-really enjoying that album.
Ehhh that review was useless anyway.
Well it did only receive a 94. Star ratings have a lot less range. That 94 says a lot about the album when compared to his review. It is a great album with a few flaws that can balance out based on peoples opinion. I don't think any album on this site has ever gotten a 100%. A perfect album is always desired, hunted for, and claimed but their is no such thing. Flaws making the album always give them room to improve. It is a fantastic album and a good review.
If Drew didn't give Kanye a 100%, then it was like a 99% haha. I would give Born to Run a 100% and Deja, Devil and God, and Mean Everything to Nothing would be on the doorstep. The '59 Sound is there for me too. But until something is monumental for me like that, I can't see myself going much higher than a 94%-96% range....even that is pretty huge. Anything above 90 is a lot. But yeah, can't wait till we're on a star system.
10:54 AM on 04/14/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Thank you.

If Drew didn't give Kanye a 100%, then it was like a 99% haha. I would give Born to Run a 100% and Deja, Devil and God, and Mean Everything to Nothing would be on the doorstep. The '59 Sound is there for me too. But until something is monumental for me like that, I can't see myself going much higher than a 94%-96% range....even that is pretty huge. Anything above 90 is a lot. But yeah, can't wait till we're on a star system.
I agree some of those albums are great but idk. I feel a perfect album is just impossible. I can see the star rating being more straight forward. I feel that the % rating gives more insight to what was the overall factors that lead to the score. Even if one person feels an album should get 100% others may completely disagree. The day an album comes out where every track is loved and adored by everyone I feel artists should strive for a perfect album but will never get there. It is a good thing because it gives reason for new music to come out. Nothing will ever be completely accepted by the 2 extremes (the mainstream and the hipsters) at the same time, let alone all the 'groups' inbetween. I enjoyed this album because it was a good album and I really feel its a like or dislike thing no matter how much depth goes into it. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I disagree with your reviews but in the end its opinion and I feel this was well written and lead to a debate on what makes great music.
12:01 PM on 04/14/11
Ryan Rumsey
Good Business Moves
User Info.
lol
I'd like to say I didn't mean it like that but I can't help but admit you're right there. Still though, I just meant it had screaming on it hahah chillllllllllllllllllll
Glad you understand.
12:13 PM on 04/14/11
Sancho10
User Info.
I hope Foo is at their finest in this album
12:29 PM on 04/14/11
Enoma Otenki
facebook.com/otenkirocks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great review Thomas!
12:55 PM on 04/14/11
sajamie81
User Info.
I hope Foo is at their finest in this album
I think the Foo is at their finest in this album. Everyone stepped up the game, and really brought it.
01:06 PM on 04/14/11
fenway89
you are the smell before rain
User Info.
Awesome review! The Foo Fighters have managed to stay relevant for sixteen freakin years. Like Led Zeppelin is looked back upon as rock n roll legends now, Foo Fighters will have that same revere in twenty years.
01:30 PM on 04/14/11
MidnightHour
User Info.
This album is amazing!!! Just finished watching the live show on CBS that they did at Letterman's studio, and it blew my mind. Congrats guys!!! This is an album to remember!
06:09 PM on 04/14/11
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
Digging the album, but it's not quite as good as some of the hyperbole being said in the thread implies. Bringing Pat Smear (Most Unfortunate Name ever?) back into the mix really works out, but I just can't get into this 40-and-super-angsty side of Grohl. Some of the charm seems to have rubbed off over the years of bland, bland, bland albums since There is Nothing Left to Lose. I'm with you, "I Should Have Known" is probably my least favorite song on here, but there's a few others that haven't quite stuck with me. "Bridge Burning", "Arlandria" and "Now and Then" are disgustingly catchy, and there's a great even-ness to the album. It just doesn't ever kick into that next gear that I feel would make it a truly great album as opposed to a very solid album.

And I agree with whichever poster said that great "Rock and Roll" is still there, just not as apparent. Ditto on The Hold Steady, but don't forget Drive-By Truckers, Volbeat and Motorhead. They all put out great albums recently, even if they're not all straight up "Meat and Potatoes" rock.

And to clear up any confusion "White Limo" is not a screamo track. If anything, it sounds like a slightly less acid-driven Queens of the Stone Age.
07:57 AM on 04/15/11
boscorelli
destination: beautiful
User Info.
Thank you.

you really are hopeless.
09:08 AM on 04/15/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
you really are hopeless.
Believe me, your opinions of disapproval REALLY REALLY bother me and I'm all torn up about it.
09:52 AM on 04/15/11
studskalny
There was another time in my life..
User Info.
Really good review, especially the last paragraph. Great fucking album.
03:48 PM on 04/15/11
shes.a.ghost
trust no bitch
User Info.
Fantastic album. I don't exactly agree with many of your opinions on it, however.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums