AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 171.
01:39 AM on 04/13/11
Ryan3985
User Info.
I don't know if I'll pick this album up or not. I feel like this band are just going in circles.
their running circles around everyone else, if thats what you meant. crazy good album, check it out.
01:39 AM on 04/13/11
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
Thank you! I hope my reviews don't come across as formulaic.
No, not really. It's difficult to write reviews on a consistent basis. Some writers on this site turn out 3 or 4 at a time, and it's tough to write in a unique rhythm that properly conveys the feeling of an album. You do a pretty good job. The Mogwai review (Hardcore Will Never Die...) especially. Very, very good. Keep up the good work, it keeps me coming back to this site. And Thanks.
01:48 AM on 04/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
No, not really. It's difficult to write reviews on a consistent basis. Some writers on this site turn out 3 or 4 at a time, and it's tough to write in a unique rhythm that properly conveys the feeling of an album. You do a pretty good job. The Mogwai review (Hardcore Will Never Die...) especially. Very, very good. Keep up the good work, it keeps me coming back to this site. And Thanks.
That's awesome to hear. One thing that review and this review had in common is that after I wrote them, I didn't know whether to punish them because I thought they were over-the-top. I guess that might be a good feeling to have in a review then. But I agree...when I put up a handful of reviews at a time they do seem to fall into a sort of rhythm.
01:58 AM on 04/13/11
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
Quote:
In fact, I have no problem making this statement early on: the Foo Fighters haven't written a record as good as Wasting Light in over a decade. This is the band's best work since The Colour and the Shape.

I disagree, One By One is a great record. Wasting Light is a great record. I do agree, its better than previous work but I wouldn't say over a decade, I'd say in under a decade, so you can factor in One By One.
02:21 AM on 04/13/11
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
Album is amazing, not perfect but damn, listening to it feels so refreshing...

Btw, I'm really pleased with how some of this year's hard rock albums turned out - Rise Against, Funeral for a Friend, Foo Fighters, they're all amazing
03:15 AM on 04/13/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
my roommate loves these guys, he's more into this kind of music than I am (and by that I mean billboard type stuff) but what I heard I liked. Always enjoyed what I heard from Foo Fighters even though I haven't listened to them much. He said there was a "screamo" track on the record, I lol'd a little bit (PS: is there?).
03:37 AM on 04/13/11
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
User Info.
Really enjoyed this review. Love this album a lot more than i thought i would, solid band, solid album.
04:04 AM on 04/13/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
my roommate loves these guys, he's more into this kind of music than I am (and by that I mean billboard type stuff) but what I heard I liked. Always enjoyed what I heard from Foo Fighters even though I haven't listened to them much. He said there was a "screamo" track on the record, I lol'd a little bit (PS: is there?).
Yeah there is, it's called White Limo. Check it.

Great album, great review! Disagree aboout I Should Have Known though, it's a pretty great song.
04:19 AM on 04/13/11
CoopDawg
The plan keeps coming up again...
User Info.
Great review! I am not sure which I am gonna like more: this or the new Incubus record!
04:41 AM on 04/13/11
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.
Never listened to these guys (don't listen to much "rock and roll" period I guess) but a friend I respect really likes them so I listened to that stream that came out a couple weeks ago and I was pretty impressed. Made me want to play Rock Band. They're definitely fightin' foo...
04:48 AM on 04/13/11
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Love the RIYL.
05:03 AM on 04/13/11
tht1guyb
El Capitán
User Info.
I will also follow suit and give you a standing "O" on that last paragraph... well said sir

and yes, this album is fan-freaking-tastic
05:04 AM on 04/13/11
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Great review, I don't think anything can top TCATS, (although the acoustic side of In Your Honor is pretty great too), but this comes pretty damn close. Bridge Burning is such an ass kicker I couldn't stop smiling on my first listen.
05:20 AM on 04/13/11
Sparky_89
don't eat the crab dip!
User Info.
Your reviews are very readable and well written - I'll often read them even if I'm unfamiliar with who's being reviewed. Often forget how good this band actually are, but have been inspired to give this a listen - after a spin of CATS of course :)
05:28 AM on 04/13/11
laxcrs
Fuck what you know!
User Info.
fucking love the riyl, review and this cd
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives