Username
Password
Ace Enders News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Ace Enders
Inside AP.net

I Can Make Artwork Like Nobody's Business

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/13/11)
American Dream Records is running a contest in which you can design the artwork for I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business' upcoming new album, Gold Rush.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
11:07 AM on 04/13/11
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Sounds awesome. I'll see what I can come up with!
11:08 AM on 04/13/11
blowmybutthole
User Info.
making me buddy check this outttt

http://www.imacrayon.com/page/2/
11:13 AM on 04/13/11
anamericangod
User Info.
I like what I see here. I'll keep an eye out for a submission from him.
11:52 AM on 04/13/11
spiffa0
Remember, be a thinking actor.
User Info.
I'd be more interested in seeing the hilariously awful submissions than the winner. Cool idea though.
12:40 PM on 04/13/11
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
Do you guys just focus more on doing vinyl and stuff for bands or are you looking to sign bands? Are you currently taking submissions?
12:51 PM on 04/13/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
so is this tour label then ?
02:01 PM on 04/13/11
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
so is this tour label then ?

Ya. Both him and I co-own the label.

Do you guys just focus more on doing vinyl and stuff for bands or are you looking to sign bands? Are you currently taking submissions?

Not currently. But who knows about the direction we take in the future.
02:08 PM on 04/13/11
anamericangod
User Info.
Our focus is on vinyl right now, but we're open to helping with what we can. We aren't against submissions, but we are currently working on numerous projects with artists that have had label support in the past and have a significant following.

If you have a more detailed question, feel free to send me a message.
11:19 PM on 04/13/11
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
I think this is kind of a cop-out. Its cool he's letting a fan design it, but he is literally giving them nothing in exchange. A test press could be given out at the very least, or a screen print of the art they made, or something. I dont know, thats just me. Still will order.
12:50 AM on 04/14/11
anamericangod
User Info.
I think this is kind of a cop-out. Its cool he's letting a fan design it, but he is literally giving them nothing in exchange. A test press could be given out at the very least, or a screen print of the art they made, or something. I dont know, thats just me. Still will order.
They're being given a copy of the record and backstage passes, so no, they are not literally being given nothing in return.

And it's not a cop out. We have ideas and we have professional designers already in the loop. We could even just go with the current artwork for the CD and digital copy. If we wanted to cop out, we would have already done so. We're trying to get the fans involved in another way, which is what Ace is all about, as are we.

If the people care enough and also come up with something we feel works for the project, we'll go with it. If not, well I guess we can always cop out...
05:15 AM on 04/14/11
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
They're being given a copy of the record and backstage passes, so no, they are not literally being given nothing in return.

And it's not a cop out. We have ideas and we have professional designers already in the loop. We could even just go with the current artwork for the CD and digital copy. If we wanted to cop out, we would have already done so. We're trying to get the fans involved in another way, which is what Ace is all about, as are we.

If the people care enough and also come up with something we feel works for the project, we'll go with it. If not, well I guess we can always cop out...
Ace Enders is literally my favorite musician ever and the idea is cool, i just think they could get more. Backstage passes to meet someone like Ace is silly when he is already out at the merch table all night anyways. Its a cool idea, dont get me wrong
04:15 PM on 04/14/11
blowmybutthole
User Info.

awesome deal! his e-mail is christianbtaylor@gmail.com.

love stuff like this
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums