Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 162
10:08 PM on 04/13/11
darksun0111
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lead vox looked like he belonged in my chem.
10:17 PM on 04/13/11
billy_yo
Registered Member
User Info.
1st time actually seeing this band and I'm surprised by how the vocalist looks; I guess I was especting someone umm...more scene looking
10:19 PM on 04/13/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shitastic
10:23 PM on 04/13/11
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
User Info.
1st time actually seeing this band and I'm surprised by how the vocalist looks; I guess I was especting someone umm...more scene looking
10:56 PM on 04/13/11
kustykash
User Info.
Terrible, with a capital T
11:29 PM on 04/13/11
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.
what was that?
11:36 PM on 04/13/11
Emmure408
User Info.

he cut his hair not too long ago cuz apparently he wants to be like a 70s/80s rockstar (which he'll never be)
11:48 PM on 04/13/11
whenwefirstmet
lets keep this circlejerk going.
User Info.
People get so butthurt at the success of mediocre bands. Fact is this band has the formula right for enough people to like them and to propel them to substantial success, if that offends you then you've really got to get your priorities straightened out.

My opinion, I liked a few of the songs off their first album, they had good energy to them (Not the American Average was a great break up song. haha). I supported this band throughout their first few American tours until I got tired of their music and wanted more. The new CD is here, and it's taken the same predictable steps towards mass marketability as every band in their genre, and therefore lost a lot of it's charm.

Does this make them bad, and worthy of such hate? Hell no. It's ridiculous how transparent people are being. We get it, they're getting more and more popular and you have to show off how much you hate anything that is popular or slightly derivative. They're not pushing any musical boundaries, but hating on them for their success because it's not your cup of tea is pathetic. Not everybody cares about how instrumentally talented a band is or how original it is. If it makes them happy, it gets their cash. It's that simple. Hate on people for enjoying themselves and you just look like you're trying too hard to stand out as different from the norm. You special little snowflakes, you.
I love you.
12:03 AM on 04/14/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
People get so butthurt at the success of mediocre bands. Fact is this band has the formula right for enough people to like them and to propel them to substantial success, if that offends you then you've really got to get your priorities straightened out.

My opinion, I liked a few of the songs off their first album, they had good energy to them (Not the American Average was a great break up song. haha). I supported this band throughout their first few American tours until I got tired of their music and wanted more. The new CD is here, and it's taken the same predictable steps towards mass marketability as every band in their genre, and therefore lost a lot of it's charm.

Does this make them bad, and worthy of such hate? Hell no. It's ridiculous how transparent people are being. We get it, they're getting more and more popular and you have to show off how much you hate anything that is popular or slightly derivative. They're not pushing any musical boundaries, but hating on them for their success because it's not your cup of tea is pathetic. Not everybody cares about how instrumentally talented a band is or how original it is. If it makes them happy, it gets their cash. It's that simple. Hate on people for enjoying themselves and you just look like you're trying too hard to stand out as different from the norm. You special little snowflakes, you.

This is a very well written response and I appreciate your "accepting" of those who do like this band. I like this band. Quite a bit actually. And you know what? I like/love bands from all different genres as well as this genre whom are "well respected" such as These Arms Are Snakes, The Blood Brothers, Botch, Decoder and so on. So if I like AA does that kill all my musical credibilty ? I would think not though this seems to be the case for people who go on to say they hate you because you find some appeal in a band like AA.

When you listen to Asking Alexandria it's obvious that there not technically amazing or that they are rife with poetic lyrics. What they give are poisonous lyrics delivered by a frontman who can scream/growl among the best in the genre (though not really evidenced in this live video), musicians who are all fairly proficient, with excellent production. In short, it's a perfect band for working out or blasting when you're angry. They fill a void that one of the few universally accepted/popular heavy bands - Underøath - just can't fill. (As in Uø is excellent but they don't "crush" like AA does).
12:06 AM on 04/14/11
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Your Ten after Two avatar takes away your right to have an opinion.

Go hang yourself.
Relax dude.

Their music is fun...
Agreed.

How the fuck did this band manage to get on Jimmy Kimmel?! Pretty shocked
My thoughts exactly.

How nice of them to have the performance in the early evening for the kids who had school the next day.
Hahahaha.

Fucking this. Thank you sir for typing out what I was going to.

This band isn't very unique, but they're catchy, fun, and frankly, pretty good. Yeah, they're getting huge. Yeah, 80% of their fanbase is a bunch of scenie weenie fucks who have no musical taste, personality, and follow every trend. But who cares, good for them, doing what they love and gaining success in the process. All music has been made in some form or another, so who cares if it's generic. If you don't like it, don't spread your hate seed. Just don't talk about it, or at least come up with some witty, thoughtful response to WHY you don't like it besides them being big or generic.

As for the performance, the mix wasn't all that great. Danny's vocals were a bit rough, but you try to play for a large crowd and national television. I expected them to play Someone, Somewhere, it's very radio friendly and the lyrics are actually really good. Closure made me LOL though, I did NOT expect that, and I don't think anyone watching did either, sounded good though.
12:11 AM on 04/14/11
feedingthefoxes
User Info.
wow they super sold out hahahaha
12:11 AM on 04/14/11
Marcos_gun
tastes like green.
User Info.

Dude,you rock,your comment is perfection,I'm not their fan either,but they don't deserve all the hate they're getting,they're not the most talented band in the word and do not hv the best fanbase,but they are not bad,at all.
12:14 AM on 04/14/11
feedingthefoxes
User Info.
. Not everybody cares about how instrumentally talented a band is or how original it is.

Yes that's true, not everybody cares.
But when you're writing songs to the best of your capability, stretching your mind to create something interesting and unique that you're proud of and took a great deal of effort, and then seeing bands like this palm mute a fucking open chord at barely variating rhythms in 4/4 time, it's extremely obnoxious and practically a loogie to the face.
01:10 AM on 04/14/11
alexalexalex
User Info.
Hahah. I like checking out bands like these whenever they get mainstream exposure and this one did not fail to deliver.

The first one is a straight up radio rock tune, no screaming and just melodies all over the place.. And then the next one is crabcore in full effect.

Also, what the fuck did he say in the bridge of the second song? He started saying "This is the medium for me to say this, all you people here, all you people watching on tv...." and then he went straight into "We don't want to die....So buy or cd so that you can keep us alive".

..What the?

...Thats not actually in the song, he was just saying it live. Telling people not to download cds, hence why he said 'I feel like this is a good median for me to say...blah blah". Which, is a good message
01:34 AM on 04/14/11
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How did this band get so popular?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles