AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Laura Marling For Open House

Posted by - 03:55 AM on 04/14/11
Laura Marling will headline this year's Open House Festival in Ireland. Villagers and Fleet Foxes will also play the event.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
10:41 AM on 04/14/11
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.
Really? Is she THAT big now? Because I'd take Noah and the Whale over her anyday...
10:58 AM on 04/14/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Really? Is she THAT big now? Because I'd take Noah and the Whale over her anyday...
Couldn't disagree more, personally. She has won/been nominated for a bunch of awards recently so there's probably some "recognition" (latepass) from the media and organisers due to that.
01:35 PM on 04/14/11
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.
Couldn't disagree more, personally. She has won/been nominated for a bunch of awards recently so there's probably some "recognition" (latepass) from the media and organisers due to that.
I can't get into her stuff at all. And I quite like the direction Noah and the Whale has gone without her, frankly...
01:37 PM on 04/14/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I can't get into her stuff at all. And I quite like the direction Noah and the Whale has gone without her, frankly...
Fair enough. I am the opposite. Not a fan of Noah and The Whale at all really bar that catchy "L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N." track and that's just by default through hearing it amongst the shit on the radio daily.

Not knocking them at all, but I just can't connect with them all that much. Should probably try again though to be fair.
01:39 PM on 04/14/11
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.
Personally, I loved The First Day of Spring. haha so that guy can break up with someone any day and I'll be happy.

I find Laura Marling a little tooooo folkish/bluegrassy, I can't quite put my finger on it, but then again, I could probably listen again too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos