AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Movielife Gets Reissued

Posted by - 03:17 PM on 04/14/11
Mightier Than Sword Records is reissuing The Movielife's This Time Next Year on vinyl for its tenth anniversary.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
03:19 PM on 04/14/11
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
User Info.
oh god, yesyesyes!
03:25 PM on 04/14/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
It was just repressed -- and is still available.

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=REV097
03:29 PM on 04/14/11
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
Dope
03:31 PM on 04/14/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Dammit. I knew I shouldn't have bought the hot topic version.
03:33 PM on 04/14/11
anamericangod
User Info.
That release isn't 180g.
03:34 PM on 04/14/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
That release isn't 180g.
BFD - Guaranteed, if you played these side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. MTS is the Monster Cable of the vinyl industry.

The sad part is people are stupid enough to buy into it too (just like Monster cables). This is the third time MTS has done this, releasing albums on vinyl that were just released on vinyl. Blink, Brand New, and now The Movielife. HUGE waste of money.
03:41 PM on 04/14/11
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
Just bought this at hot topic a few months ago. No thanks. Give me 40 hour train back to penn on vinyl!
03:43 PM on 04/14/11
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
next up, threaten to kill Mr. Brett for the rights to Osker - Idle Will Kill

please...?
03:44 PM on 04/14/11
robhimself
houdinilogic
User Info.
BFD - Guaranteed, if you played these side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. MTS is the Monster Cable of the vinyl industry.

The sad part is people are stupid enough to buy into it too (just like Monster cables). This is the third time MTS has done this, releasing albums on vinyl that were just released on vinyl. Blink, Brand New, and now The Movielife. HUGE waste of money.
but isnt 180g thicker and help prevents warping?
03:48 PM on 04/14/11
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
yeah i got this a few months ago off rev lol
03:49 PM on 04/14/11
*Ro'
twitter.com/romainjeanticou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

What's Monster Cable? I mean, I just Googled it but what do they do wrong?
03:52 PM on 04/14/11
anamericangod
User Info.

I disagree. If you are listening on the proper equipment, you will notice a difference.

Also: Is the artwork going to be 100% the same? Identical jacket? Exact same insert? No bonuses at all? I'm not sure we know all that yet. Even if it is the same in the art aspect, there is still a difference between 180g vinyl and lesser quality vinyl. Not sure how you can guarantee them sounding exactly the same.

Yes.
03:52 PM on 04/14/11
DCART
@DylanCarty
User Info.
i think hes referring to the A/V cable craze back in the day. companies used to sell "premium" gold plated av cables promising better quality..but there was no difference between the cheap 20 dollar cables and the 500 monster ones. it was an analogy.
03:55 PM on 04/14/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
That definitely is an advantage. I guess the point of my argument is that MTS releases records right after they've just been released and expect people to buy them because they're "better."

They sell audio and HDMI cables and mark them up in price thousands of times when they do the same thing as a cable that cost fractions of the price. The signal is all digital so none of the quality is lost as opposed to when the signal is analog.

More info:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/a...ter-cable-and/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests