DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Both are annoying genres
08:11 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Then why even comment? Its obvious you don't enjoy either genre so why click on a news thread labeled "Hip Hop"? Makes no sense.
Well I read the article, I thought maybe that would qualify me. No? Why don't you do me a favor and let me know when and what news post I should comment on since you seem be such a grand expert at the subject.
08:18 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Sure just pm me when you're about to comment on something k?

And if you read the article you should have maybe said something that actually pertained to it.
Will do!

Fuck that shit! I like to be ignorant and impertinent :)
08:22 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
why do you assume he knows nothing? i actually know a lot about rap and r&b and I too find them annoying.

I've seen him post more a few times about how he doesn't like it.For example, I don't like heavy metal so why the fuck would I listen to it to be able to distinguish what's good or not. I bet he could listen to Nas and Soulja Boy and think they're on the same level.

Actually, I know a lot about hip-hop both mainstream and underground. I used to really enjoy the music until I grew up and out of it because of all the repetitiveness I was seeing in it. Now I listen to a lot of Pop-Punk, ain't that a hoot! Hate Soulja Boy. Loved Illmatic for a long time. Being from the south I was surrounded by a lot that growing up. Z-Ro, UGK, Chamillioaire (I had almost every Mixtape Messiah), yeah pretty much anyone in S.U.C. Was a big Jay-Z fan too. Kanye West (I revisited College Dropout just the other day when I was nostalgic; pretty genius record) I don't know. I don't feel like establishing my street cred right now :)
08:28 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Fuck yes. Real pop punk!
08:32 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Pop punk is my favorite genre but I can honestly say I find it way more repetitive than hip hop. Whose your favorite hip hop artist if you don't mind me asking? Curious.

I edited my knowledge of hip-hop in a little late on that post but yeah, probably Z-Ro. But like the older stuff if you know his stuff like the self-titled and all that jazz. Was a pretty big fan of Chamillionaire's mixtape messiah's but never the mainstream stuff he did. And Jay-Z too. Reasonable Doubt is probably the greatest debut album of a rapper ever. In my opinion
08:35 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Opposite happened to me, i feel pop-punk is getting extremely repetitive whit the whole new wave that came out of left field last year and prior to that, what happened to the metalcore scene is going to happen to the pop-punk scene if it keeps up this way.

I feel Hip-hop is really going through a change right now with movements like Odd Future and other L.A. natives like Casey Veggies and Dom Kennedy.

Not to mention the best album of last year was labeled under the genre of Hip-hop, i'm talking about Kanye West's MBDTF
Well I think some really amazing things are happening in Pop punk and hip hop. I like the new wave of Pop punk, it reminds me of the early 2000s and hip hip now with odd future and all that you mentioned is really good for that genre too
08:53 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Dude you listen to (well used to listen to) some good shit. It's weird to find this out cause I've always seen you shitting on the genre lol

Haha I hide my knowledge of the genre so well! But yeah, I used to love all that stuff but with growing up, I just became more and more annoyed with what it had became.
08:59 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I love them both too, i just don't want this really good thing pop-punk has going for it right now to get too stale, then we'll get an overpopulation of pop-punk bands that all sound the same.

That's why i included the example of metal-core, a few years ago, it was fun and new and exciting, now every metal-core band that's left sound exactly the same and every breakdown has already been heard and it's just dead, it's all because everybody used the same formula.

With hip-hop every rapper's voice is different, flow, lyricism and themes differ from rapper to rapper, that's what makes it exciting. You can almost always recognize who's rapping in a song without looking at the name.

If there's one thing that needs to be stepped up in the rap game is production, beats are getting boring and stale.

Yeah I see what you're saying about both genres. But pop punk already had it's downside at the end of the decade but now things are getting back to the roots. Kinda the same with hip hop but not so much. I completely agree about hip hop production. That's one of the major things that drove me away from it. But every rapper still has their individual style which is good.
09:19 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I agree, might i add i almost gave up on hip-hop completely the year Soulja Boy came out.

Pop-punk is really exciting right at this moment i hope this new wave is lasts.

There's a lot of young producers trying to create a new wave as well like Lex Luger, he did H.A.M. by kanye and Jay and B.M.F. for Rick Ross.

But yeah, i agree.
haha yeah that was the exact year I ditched all the hip-hop. I felt like there was no hope for the genre after that and some other shit that came out that year.

Yeah the new wave will be here for a while. This is an incredible time to like pop punk or start liking it because there are young bands that are doing fresh things and will be for years and then you have bands like Blink and NFG that making records this year. Hopefully The Starting Line will completely follow suit soon. I was really upset that nothing came of that new song they preformed live a few months ago
06:40 PM on 04/16/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
if you're talking quality, pop-punk doesn't even come CLOSE to hip-hop. there are no pop-punk artists that will ever reach the prolific heights seen by artists such as Kanye, Biggie, Tupac, Eminem, Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Jay-Z, etc. Yes there are some horrible hip-hop artists (Soulja Boy, Lil B, Flaka, etc), but there are also shitty pop-punk groups (Forever the Sickest Kids, We The Kings, etc).

You told me shut up so you don't deserve to get a real reply. I'll just say that every genre has shitty acts. You're pretty ignorant.
08:42 PM on 04/16/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
of course every genre does. i gave you a couple examples in both pop-punk and hip-hop. however, the best hip-hop tops the best pop-punk without question.

I always love when people think their opinions are so factual, that everyone should conform to their taste.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos