Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts.
06:39 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
It saddens me how so much shit gets called R&B. But I can agree that a lot of POP music can be as bad if not worse than rap.

Edit: And also he went in on Chris Brown, god damn! lol
06:44 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Both are annoying genres
Then why even comment? Its obvious you don't enjoy either genre so why click on a news thread labeled "Hip Hop"? Makes no sense.
06:48 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Rihanna makes pop music.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
07:09 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
shut up. its an opinion.
How the hell can someone have an opinion on something they know nothing about? You shut up.
07:14 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Well I read the article, I thought maybe that would qualify me. No? Why don't you do me a favor and let me know when and what news post I should comment on since you seem be such a grand expert at the subject.
Sure just pm me when you're about to comment on something k?

And if you read the article you should have maybe said something that actually pertained to it.
07:17 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
why do you assume he knows nothing? i actually know a lot about rap and r&b and I too find them annoying.
I've seen him post more a few times about how he doesn't like it.For example, I don't like heavy metal so why the fuck would I listen to it to be able to distinguish what's good or not. I bet he could listen to Nas and Soulja Boy and think they're on the same level.
07:17 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Naw kinda tipsy.
07:26 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
lets be fair here. im not a fan of 99% of rap and i can tell you NAS is infinitely times better than Soulja Boy haha

Bad example but I'm sure you get what I was trying to say lol

Actually, I know a lot about hip-hop both mainstream and underground. I used to really enjoy the music until I grew up and out of it because of all the repetitiveness I was seeing in it. Now I listen to a lot of Pop-Punk, ain't that a hoot!

Pop punk is my favorite genre but I can honestly say I find it way more repetitive than hip hop. Whose your favorite hip hop artist if you don't mind me asking? Curious.
07:34 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
'pop' isn't a genre. it's a label that popular songs get. because they're popular. that's what pop stands for. you could call any song that sells well pop. Nickelback is pop. Pop ROCK. Rihanna is pop. Pop R+B.
So what type of music is Lady Gaga or Katy Perry? Because whatever they do that's what Rihanna does. Nothing R&B about her.
07:40 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I edited my knowledge of hip-hop in a little late on that post but yeah, probably Z-Ro. But like the older stuff if you know his stuff like the self-titled and all that jazz. Was a pretty big fan of Chamillionaire's mixtape messiah's but never the mainstream stuff he did. And Jay-Z too. Reasonable Doubt is probably the greatest debut album of a rapper ever. In my opinion
Dude you listen to (well used to listen to) some good shit. It's weird to find this out cause I've always seen you shitting on the genre lol
07:50 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
What? So Rude Boy isn't pop reggae? and Katy Perry and Lady Gaga's anthems aren't Pop AC or Dance music? I get your argument. I believe it's categorically incorrect, though. Just because songs are popular does NOT mean that they shed whatever roots they had prior. The SONG is popular, not the artist. Hence why it's a rotation of different artists falling under the pop umbrella. Any artist can be pop. The actual content of the song is interchangeable. Could be Latin influenced, could be r+b, could be flat out blues. Hell, it could be opera. If it was popular, it would technically be a pop song.
I get your point but I disagree. I don't think that as soon as a song become popular it can be tagged as pop. When I think of pop I think of Britney Spears and people like her. And what about "Pop punk" artist that are not popular?

I know this probably makes no sense and I seem like an idiot but as I said before I'm not exactly sober right now.
08:01 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I guess I just feel like 'pop' as a genre is too blankety. It's not nearly niche enough to constitute even being a genre. But then again, I also hate how many sub-genres there are. The point I'm trying to make is: I don't even really give a shart, and I don't know why I'm arguing about it.

Now here's something we can agree on.

He is allowed to voice his opinion, even if it is negative

As for you I've already addressed this. Bye boy.
08:06 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I don't care if you did already addressed it. Your argument was you assuming he knew nothing. Doesn't make your original statement less cunty
lol "cunty"? Nice, gotta use that one.
04:49 AM on 04/17/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
R&B isn't much these days.
The real love songs were written back in the 80s and 90s. Even though some songs were sexual (like during the 90s New Jack Swing era) the majority actually said something and were extremely chill. Most empowered women (Mary J. Blidge, Eryka Badu) and some like New Edition and Boyz II Men created some classic hits and were sort of the boy bands for the black community.
Personally, as a black woman, I don't listen to new r&b or rap, at least not mainstream. It's just not the genre I particularly care for these days. Watching the trash on 106 & Park makes me miss the old school.

Qft. Especially the part about 106 & Park.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests