AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 245.
07:28 PM on 04/15/11
HANDSONDECK
User Info.
lol There's shit rap music and there's shit R&B music and there's shit pop music.

You have to pick out the good one's out of each genre.

OFWGKTA > ALL
cwhit412
User Info.
You're completely right. Fuck new music. If it didn't come out between 2001 and 2006 I don't listen.

That being said, if you could tell me what listening to music I listened to 5-10 years ago has to do with anything, that'd be great!
I mean genre-wise. There's not a single band I ever see you like that isn't stereotypical AP.net stuff.
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Fuck yes. Real pop punk!
07:31 PM on 04/15/11
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
'pop' isn't a genre. it's a label that popular songs get. because they're popular. that's what pop stands for. you could call any song that sells well pop. Nickelback is pop. Pop ROCK. Rihanna is pop. Pop R+B.
07:32 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Pop punk is my favorite genre but I can honestly say I find it way more repetitive than hip hop. Whose your favorite hip hop artist if you don't mind me asking? Curious.

I edited my knowledge of hip-hop in a little late on that post but yeah, probably Z-Ro. But like the older stuff if you know his stuff like the self-titled and all that jazz. Was a pretty big fan of Chamillionaire's mixtape messiah's but never the mainstream stuff he did. And Jay-Z too. Reasonable Doubt is probably the greatest debut album of a rapper ever. In my opinion
07:32 PM on 04/15/11
anamericangod
User Info.
I mean genre-wise. There's not a single band I ever see you like that isn't stereotypical AP.net stuff.
Sounds like you don't read my posts very often and shouldn't make assumptions about things you do not know.
07:34 PM on 04/15/11
cwhit412
User Info.
Sounds like you don't read my posts very often and shouldn't make assumptions about things you do not know.
Not my fault if it comes off like that.
And believe me, I read your posts all the time. It's hard to miss the radiating ego coming off of every single one of them.
07:34 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
'pop' isn't a genre. it's a label that popular songs get. because they're popular. that's what pop stands for. you could call any song that sells well pop. Nickelback is pop. Pop ROCK. Rihanna is pop. Pop R+B.
So what type of music is Lady Gaga or Katy Perry? Because whatever they do that's what Rihanna does. Nothing R&B about her.
07:35 PM on 04/15/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Opposite happened to me, i feel pop-punk is getting extremely repetitive whit the whole new wave that came out of left field last year and prior to that, what happened to the metalcore scene is going to happen to the pop-punk scene if it keeps up this way.

I feel Hip-hop is really going through a change right now with movements like Odd Future and other L.A. natives like Casey Veggies and Dom Kennedy.

Not to mention the best album of last year was labeled under the genre of Hip-hop, i'm talking about Kanye West's MBDTF
Well I think some really amazing things are happening in Pop punk and hip hop. I like the new wave of Pop punk, it reminds me of the early 2000s and hip hip now with odd future and all that you mentioned is really good for that genre too
07:36 PM on 04/15/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
This thread seems to have turned into people just questioning what other people listen to.
07:39 PM on 04/15/11
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
So what type of music is Lady Gaga or Katy Perry? Because whatever they do that's what Rihanna does. Nothing R&B about her.
What? So Rude Boy isn't pop reggae? and Katy Perry and Lady Gaga's anthems aren't Pop AC or Dance music? I get your argument. I believe it's categorically incorrect, though. Just because songs are popular does NOT mean that they shed whatever roots they had prior. The SONG is popular, not the artist. Hence why it's a rotation of different artists falling under the pop umbrella. Any artist can be pop. The actual content of the song is interchangeable. Could be Latin influenced, could be r+b, could be flat out blues. Hell, it could be opera. If it was popular, it would technically be a pop song.
anamericangod
User Info.
Not my fault if it comes off like that.
And believe me, I read your posts all the time. It's hard to miss the radiating ego coming off of every single one of them.
It doesn't come across as that, it's just that your perception is inaccurate and you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing personal really, and you haven't even been here for two years, but it's fairly obvious that I listen to a lot of music from all across the genre spectrum.

Oh, another comment about my ego...Right. Once again, another example of your perception being very inaccurate.
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Odd Future is such a gimmick and it's amazing how must of you fail to see that.
07:40 PM on 04/15/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I edited my knowledge of hip-hop in a little late on that post but yeah, probably Z-Ro. But like the older stuff if you know his stuff like the self-titled and all that jazz. Was a pretty big fan of Chamillionaire's mixtape messiah's but never the mainstream stuff he did. And Jay-Z too. Reasonable Doubt is probably the greatest debut album of a rapper ever. In my opinion
Dude you listen to (well used to listen to) some good shit. It's weird to find this out cause I've always seen you shitting on the genre lol
07:41 PM on 04/15/11
cwhit412
User Info.
It doesn't come across as that, it's just that your perception is inaccurate and you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing personal really, and you haven't even been here for two years, but it's fairly obvious that I listen to a lot of music from all across the genre spectrum.

Oh, another comment about my ego...Right. Once again, another example of your perception being very inaccurate.
I'm just saying my impression. And I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests