Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

UK Music Round-Up (04/17/2011)

Posted by: Andy Biddulph (04/17/11)
Head to the replies to see this week's UK Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
05:07 AM on 04/17/11
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
UK Music Round-UpFestival News
A number of new bands have been added to July's Sonisphere Festival. Announced this week were: Bad Religion, Me Vs Hero, Rolo Tomassi, Cancer Bats, Pulled Apart By Horses, Cavalera Conspiracy, Sylosis, The Answer, My Passion, Kylesa, Hayseed Dixie, Glamour Of The Kill, Paradise Lost, TesseracT, Saint Jude, The Crave, Tek-One, Arcane Roots, Jettblack, Demonic Resurrection, The Virgin Marys and Orange Goblin.

The full line up for this year's Glastonbury Festival can be seen here.

A load of bands have been added to the Slam Dunk Festival. Added this week were: Blitz Kids, Lower Than Atlantis, Cartel, Not Advised, Hyro Da Hero, Don Broco, Rio, Basement, Bury Tomorrow, Summerlin, Lost Boys, The Famous Class, Lost On Campus, Sam Little, The Lion and the Wolf, Ghost Saddles and Jimmy Holland Music.

The line-up for the Intro Festival in Middlesbrough on the 5th of June has been announced. The bill includes: Feeder, We Are The Ocean, Deaf Havana, Young Rebel Set, The Chapman Family, Trash Talk, Francesqa, Glamour Of The Kill, Hawk Eyes, Revoker, Hey! Alaska and Rosa Valle.

Laura Marling will headline this year's Open House Festival in Ireland. Villagers and Fleet Foxes are also on the bill.

Explosions In The Sky, Fleet Foxes and Iron & Wine will headline this year's Green Man Festival.

Recently added to the line-up for the Relentless NASS Festival in Bath were: Millencolin, We Are The Ocean, Cancer Bats, NERO, Labrinth and Dot Rotten. The festival runs from the 8th to the 10th of July.

The Strokes have been added to the T In The Park line up.

We Are The Ocean will headline the Friday of year's Redfest in Surrey on the 22nd of July.

News
Man Overboard's Live At Leeds, a recording of their show at The Well in Leeds on the 10th of December last year, can be downloaded for free here.

A free Rolo Tomassi track entitled "Fuck The Pleasantries, Let's Rock" is available here. The song is taken from the band's forthcoming Eternal Youth b-sides and rarities release, which is out on the 18th of April.

Fightstar's Charlie Simpson has posted a free sampler EP from his forthcoming album on Facebook. The three tracks can be downloaded here.

Blitz Kids' new single "Hold Fast" is out now on iTunes.

An acoustic video of Save Your Breath performing "What's Ours Is Yours" can be seen here.

Sharks have posted a cover of The Ramones' "Life's A Gas" to mark the tenth anniversary of Joey Ramone's death. The song can be downloaded for free here.

A video of The Xcerts playing an acoustic version of "Young (Belane)" can be seen here.

Johnny Marr left The Cribs this week to focus on his solo work and movie soundtracks. Read a statement from the band here.

A number of pre-order packages for Twin Atlantic's forthcoming album, Free, can be found here. The album is set for release on the 2nd of May.

Watch Mumford & Sons play a new song live here.

Foo Fighters are set to knock Adele off of the top of the UK album charts next week. This will put an end to her record breaking 11 weeks at the top.

Watch the new video from S.C.U.M. for their track "Summon The Sound" here.

Check out the brand new video from Arctic Monkeys for their single "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair" here.

Rooks' new self-titled album is now available as a 'pay what you want' download on the band's Bandcamp page.

An acoustic session with The Skints featuring new song "Keep The Day" and a cover of Desmond Dekker's "Ah It Mek" can be heard here.

Chokeslam Charlie's video for "Toon Foolery" can now be seen on YouTube.

A video tour diary from Tiger Please's recent tour with Funeral For A Friend can be seen here.

Stream "We Were Children" by new London band, TRIBES, here. The record was featured as Zane Lowe's "Hottest Record In The World" last week.

You Me At Six have roped in Bring Me The Horizon's Oli Sykes to guest on the band's third album, which is being recorded now.

Watch a beautifully shot live video of Lucy Rose performing a new track titled "Place" here.

The Dead Beggars Club's video for "Got Soul" can be seen here.

Head here to see Jody Has A Hitlist performing an acoustic version of "Walk If Off, Son".

Lightguides have signed to Alcopop! Records.

Watch Bombay Bicycle Club performing a brand new song titled "Bad Timing" at this year's SXSW here.

Drawings' new single, "Bones" is now available on iTunes.

Download and watch the video for the new single form Jonquil titled "Get Up" here. If you are a fan of Foals or Local Natives, this band could be for you.

The Stocks' EP, Bring The Light is now available on their Bandcamp page as a 'pay what you want' download.

A video of LostAlone covering Marina and the Diamonds' "Numb" can be seen here.

A 'making of' feature for Atlas&i's video for "We'll Never See Alaska" can be seen here.

Flying With Style have posted a free acoustic cover of Simple Plan's "When I'm Gone" here.

A sampler from 7YEARSBADLUCK's forthcoming album, Sleep Now, Pay Later, can be downloaded for free here.

Check out the artwork for Wild Beasts new album, Smother, and the video for first single, "Albatross" here.

Ben Marwood's new single, "Singalong" will be released on the 2nd of May.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tours
Revival Tour 2011 (Brian Fallon, Chuck Ragan, Dan Andriano, Dave Hause, Jon Gaunt & Jon Ginsberg)
September
27th Bristol Academy
28th Manchester Academy 2
29th Dublin Academy
30th Glasgow ABC
October
1st Newcastle Northumbria Student's Union
2nd Nottingham Rock City
15th London Shepherd's Bush Empire
16th Cardiff University Great Hall
17th Portsmouth Pyramids

Gallows

July
6th Bournemouth i-Bar
7th Folkestone Quarterhouse
8th Southend Chinnery's
10th Swansea Sin City
11th Gloucester Guild Hall

Trash Talk
June
5th Middlesbrough Centre Square
6th Glasgow King Tuts
7th Manchester Moho
8th Bournemouth Ibar
13th Leeds The Well
14th London Camp
15th Newport Le Pub

Capdown
July
29th Norwich Waterfront
30th Manchester Moho Live
31st Brighton Concorde
August
5th Milton Keynes Crauford Arms
6th Blackpool Winter Gardens
7th Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Kent (Hevy Festival)

Godspeed! You Black Emperor
July
22nd Glasgow Barrowlands
23rd Norwich UEA
24th London Alexandra Palace (I'll Be Your Mirror Festival)
25th Leets Metropolitan University

The Blackout
October
27th Bristol Academy
28th Leeds Uni
29th Edinburgh Picture House
30th Hull Uni
November
1st Lincoln Engine Shed
2nd Portsmouth Pyramids
4th Birmingham Academy
5th Manchester Academy
6th London Roundhouse

WU LYF
June
9th Cardiff Clwb Ifor Bach
10th Liverpool Kazimer
11th Sheffield Queens Social Clubs
13th Leicester Y Theatre
14th Glasgow Grand Ole Opry
15th Edinburgh Cabaret Voltaire
17th London Village Underground

Motorhead
November
2nd Bradford St. George's Hall
3rd Wolverhampton Civic Hall
5th Hanley Victoria Hall
6th Cambridge Corn Exchange
8th Bristol Colston Hall
11th Norwich UEA
12th London HMV Hammersmith Apollo
14th Newcastle O2 Academy
15th Glasgow O2 Academy
17th Nottingham Royal Centre
18th Manchester O2 Apollo

Futures
June
16th London Relentless Garage (EXTRA DATE)

The Wombats
September
21st Cardiff, University Great Hall
22nd Nottingham, Rock City
23rd Folkestone, Lea Cliff Hall
24th Cambridge, Corn Exchange
26th Bristol, Colston Hall
28th London, O2 Brixton Academy
29th Southampton, Guildhall
October
1st Yeovil, Westlands
2nd Birmingham, O2 Academy
3rd Lincoln, Engine Shed
4th Sheffield, O2 Academy
6th Newcastle, O2 Academy
7th Glasgow, O2 Academy
8th Manchester, O2 Apollo

Operator Six
April
29th Bradford Bingley White Horse (FREE SHOW)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributors: Andy Biddulph & Kyle Huntington

05:16 AM on 04/17/11
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Slam Dunk is getting better every week, and it's looking like i'm not going :/ Bad times...
05:19 AM on 04/17/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
Motion City Soundtrack are going to be confirmed for Slam Dunk soon. On their facebook page they only like artists on the bill and they liked them along with all the new announcements and then quickly removed it from their page after I asked about it.
05:26 AM on 04/17/11
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Slam Dunk is getting better every week, and it's looking like i'm not going :/ Bad times...

Same here! Really can't afford travel plus with it being 30 a ticket this year I've got no chance. Same happened with Hit The Deck (which is where I wish I was today!

Motion City Soundtrack are going to be confirmed for Slam Dunk soon. On their facebook page they only like artists on the bill and they liked them along with all the new announcements and then quickly removed it from their page after I asked about it.

See above for why I wish you hadn't told me about this, haha.

Also, who's planning on going to the Revival Tour? Seems pretty much tailor made for about half of this site...
05:48 AM on 04/17/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
Same here! Really can't afford travel plus with it being 30 a ticket this year I've got no chance. Same happened with Hit The Deck (which is where I wish I was today!

See above for why I wish you hadn't told me about this, haha.

Also, who's planning on going to the Revival Tour? Seems pretty much tailor made for about half of this site...
I was seriously hoping the line up wouldn't be good cause now I'm gonna spend my last pennies getting there haha.

The line ups pretty fucking sweet. It's too much to miss now.
06:26 AM on 04/17/11
bencoles
twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
Think I'm going to have to hit Slam Dunk. That many bands for that little cash? Too good.
08:12 AM on 04/17/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Glasgow sold out in no time at all (Revival Tour). Didn't get a ticket, absolutely gutted!

Edit - Lies, Ticketweb still have tickets, wooo
09:18 AM on 04/17/11
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
Intro fest looks pretty good. Night have to get a ticket. Shame it isn't free this year though.
03:06 AM on 04/19/11
lj224
User Info.
YeahI'm heading to The Revial Tour. Absolutely excited! I'll be at Uni in London then too. GOOD TIMES!

Also, Motion hitting Slam Dunk?! I want to go more so now.
But I'm hitting up Reading Festival this year. As much as I dislike My Chem.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests