Username
Password
Round-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Round-Up
Inside AP.net

Small Band Round Up

Posted by: Melissa Johnson (04/01/07)
This weekend's edition of the Small Band Round Up can be found below.
Small Band Round UpLucy Grace has just finished up recording 3 new songs with producer Mike Poorman (TREOS, Piebald, and Paulson) and are looking to release them in mid-April.

nice guys finish first. has put up a cover of Patent Pending's "Decemberween" from his upcoming EP on MySpace. The EP will be released this summer, independently, and will contain 3 original songs and 2 covers.

Spanish band Day Of Rising have put two new songs on their myspace page for your
listening pleasure. The tracks are taken from their 'Unmasking St Minver' EP which you can pre-order from their myspace page.

UK pop-punks Over and Out have put a brand new song on their myspace page. The foursome
release a brand new EP on Punktastic Recordings/Positive Impact records in June.

Fastlane have made their brand new album 'Overdrive' available for pre-order. The album comes
out in stores on May 7 on Punktastic Recordings, but all orders from http://punktastic.bigcartel.com will be shipped this weekend. All prices in the store include US shipping. The album is also out now on iTunes.

The Soap Opera Coma have posted 4 new songs from there upcoming album The Rising Cost of Living on their Myspace and PureVolume page.

Darkmiracle from Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic have posted a special download for free of their song " The Drama " acoustic. The song comes from their new album "A Better Tomorrow" which can be purchased here.

Mercy Mercedes will be heading into the studio in July to record their debut EP with producer Paul Leavitt (All Time Low, Cute is What We Aim For, The Hint). Expect a late summer release. For now catch them on some east coast tour dates with Farewell.

Down for the Count have a new website.

The Ghost Sonata have posted a new song on their website.

On The Surface from Boston, MA will have their song "The Very Best of Me" featured on Monday night's season finale of "The Hills" on MTV.

Medicated Kisses
will be releasing their debut EP on April 10th.

Therefore I Am have posted 2 new videos of their Taste of Chaos set as well as new pictures of the show.

Vibes is looking for a new drummer. Must live in the Long Island, NY area, be between 18-26, and able to tour and get along well with other band members. If interested please use the band's website to contact them.

Sometimes It Rains has released their EP Elijah, Wood You Please Sign Us? It was mixed and mastered by Mark Pirro bassist of the Polyphonic Spree and Tripping Daisy. The songs are on their myspace page and the EP is available for purchase through their website.

Permanent Holiday
have announced their spring tour dates. Check out their myspace for details.

Geisert 8 (Peoria, IL) has updated their myspace with their new video for "Cult Fiction" available on their DVD A Band Of Gentlemen. Please contact mike@geisert8band.com if you are interested in purchasing this or any of their albums.

Kings to You
have released their debut full length "The Antidote" on March 20th and it's available now.

Thrush (featuring former members of Too Bad Eugene, Next in Line, and Craig's Brother), have their debut ep "Aeon" available now. They've posted 2 new songs from the EP on their myspace page.

Quick and the Dead
have completely redone their myspace page and updated info on their upcoming new full length "Nothing Changes", due out this summer.

Snowsera have released a new 4 song EP. Check myspace for details.

The Exotic Aquatic
has posted a new song, "Make Us Beg," on their MySpace.

To submit news to the SBRU please use this link right here. Please include a relevant news blurb and all links needed for the blurb in your submission.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
11:44 AM on 04/01/07
zclark
this is everybody's air sir!
User Info.
the new lucy grace stuff is great
11:44 AM on 04/01/07
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Mercy Mercedes makes me wet.
11:51 AM on 04/01/07
elonman05
AIM: Preludepunk27
User Info.
Mercy Mercedes makes me wet.

It boggles my mind that Farewell hasn't been signed yet. I've seen them like 10 times and every time the get better and better.

Mercy is the same way. The more I see them, the more impressed I am by them.
02:14 PM on 04/01/07
crit
@crittweets
User Info.
Lucy Grace is awesome.
02:21 PM on 04/01/07
dying_light
User Info.
Medicated Kisses is awesome and can totally rock a live show, also I hear that The Hollow Sound is set to record with Mike Poorman this summer
02:46 PM on 04/01/07
futurebreed
Photographer
User Info.
Tons of Boston info, and even my photos of TIA! Jeez, what a fun round-up haha
03:33 PM on 04/01/07
overoverme
Reality vs. The Optimist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sucky lucy grace sucks...
Tewksbury can die in a fire as a whole.