AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
If These Trees Could Talk - If These Trees Could Talk Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals N/A
Musicianship 9
Lyrics N/A
Production 9.25
Creativity 9.25
Lasting Value 9.5
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Final Verdict: 93%
Member Ratings
Musicianship 8
Production 8
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 6
Reviewer Tilt 7
Average: 70%
Inside AP.net

If These Trees Could Talk - If These Trees Could Talk

Reviewed by: Saves The Night (04/01/07)
If These Trees Could Talk - If These Trees Could Talk
Release Date: 2006
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ifthesetreescouldtalk

Straight out of Akron, Ohio, If These Trees Could Talk is a band that is in all likelihood my favorite in the post rock category. Today we have many bands that are well known for their abilities to make great instrumental tracks such as Explosions in the Sky and Mogwai. If These Trees Could Talk are no different, and in fact, I actually hold them in higher regard than the aforementioned bands. This is merely because on a creative scale I feel they are just pushing more boundaries with their songs. This is not to say they are complex, but rather it is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I would describe it as very dream like, especially if listened to late at night. I can only describe each track as a beautiful musical web that changes and becomes more intricate with every passing second. No words will be able to describe how relaxing or soothing this disc is, and as such, it is really just something you have to experience for yourself.

As far as lasting value goes, this disc has been thrown on day after day when I just needed to relax before going to sleep, or blazing when I was going for an afternoon jog. As such, not only is the lasting value very high, but the times you can and will want to listen to it are also equally vast.

Finally, like I said above, I believe fans of post rock would be doing themselves a great disservice by not checking this band out. Because of the obscurity of this band, I have posted a link to their myspace page at the top of this review. So take a few minutes and check them out, I think many listeners will find that this may be exactly what they have been looking for.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4.
05:55 AM on 04/06/07
TheArdentLove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My manager gave me copy of their cd and told me to check them out. I liked it a lot even though I haven't listened to it for awhile. Nice review!
08:38 PM on 03/18/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Good stuff! For some reason a part of me wishes they had some soaring vocals to go a long with it. I just kept listening and was like, "This would be great if some vocals came in right here." Anyway, good album and good review!
05:40 PM on 03/24/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
A lot of me really wished this had vocals on it. I think it was above average post-rock, not that I know the genre very well.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests