Username
Password
Books News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Books
Inside AP.net

Dennis Lyxzén Reveals Plans for Book

Posted by: Deborah Remus (04/19/11)
Dennis Lyxzén plans to write a book about his own personal experiences in Refused. Watch the full interview here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
02:03 PM on 04/19/11
downrightamazed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I sure hope that this will for once be angled in a way so that people actually understand it..

Most people I've talked to who've seen the documentary are all talking about how "that last show must've been awesome, with everyone chanting RATHER BE ALIVE! even though the cops came!"..

...Which is pretty much the exact opposite to what they're saying. They're saying that they felt like the cops came to rescue them from somewhere they didn't want to be.

Kind of interesting story though, if it's actually going to be truthful. They were just kids loving generic straight-edge hardcore, growing up in a place where they had nothing else to do.. After touring and getting a bit older, they got really tired of the hardcore scene and then made "the shape of punk to come" thinking that they were the best band on the planet. Being ready to take on the world, they were disheartened by the public not "realizing their amazing genius" and just let it go. They were young, idealistic kids and they were quite stupid about it.

After watching the interview, it sounds like he finally has some perspective on it, though.

But to be honest, I'd much rather read a book that starts when Refused breaks up. The International Noise Conspiracy, Lost Patrol... That part of his life must be a lot more interesting since he rode everyones high opinions of Refused while still trying to get as far away as possible from it. I mean, Noise Con were a huge deal in the industry, yet they barely sold any records at all.
02:04 PM on 04/19/11
ÖzgürKurtoglu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So weird seeing SVTplay linked on absolutepunk, haha...
02:05 PM on 04/19/11
ÖzgürKurtoglu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I sure hope that this will for once be angled in a way so that people actually understand it..

Most people I've talked to who've seen the documentary are all talking about how "that last show must've been awesome, with everyone chanting RATHER BE ALIVE! even though the cops came!"..

...Which is pretty much the exact opposite to what they're saying. They're saying that they felt like the cops came to rescue them from somewhere they didn't want to be.
The audience loved it, the band hated it. The documentary makes their mental state pretty clear, if you ask me. They're essentially completely broken as functioning human beings by the end of that tour.
02:16 PM on 04/19/11
downrightamazed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The audience loved it, the band hated it. The documentary makes their mental state pretty clear, if you ask me. They're essentially completely broken as functioning human beings by the end of that tour.

Yeah, but people don't get the dry-ness in the delivery that essentially ends every sentence with "...and we didn't understand that because we were stupid little kids".
02:44 PM on 04/19/11
holybatmon
Unregistered User
User Info.
So intrigued.
02:56 PM on 04/19/11
monkeytarget
User Info.
So weird seeing SVTplay linked on absolutepunk, haha...
This.
05:44 PM on 04/19/11
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
will read.
09:05 PM on 04/19/11
CobraLucha
User Info.
The only nit pick I had was when they were talking about heroin periods and strippers and the interviewer goes, "Like Get in the Van?" What? It's obvious the interviewer hadn't read the book.

Otherwise, cool interview. I think this book could go either way but Dennis is a smart guy and I have high hopes.
01:45 AM on 04/20/11
ÖzgürKurtoglu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only nit pick I had was when they were talking about heroin periods and strippers and the interviewer goes, "Like Get in the Van?" What? It's obvious the interviewer hadn't read the book.

Otherwise, cool interview. I think this book could go either way but Dennis is a smart guy and I have high hopes.
Nah, the interviewer is Sweden's most respected (and best) music journalist, he's just goofing around because Dennis was talking about his book like something completely unique.
01:46 PM on 04/20/11
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Words can't explain how stoked Im goof to be if this book comes out
02:33 PM on 04/20/11
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
Could be good
09:54 AM on 04/27/11
jakeyrotten
lights out for the cynical sharps
User Info.
any word on a US release date?
09:37 PM on 12/15/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
This was posted on Lauren's birthday! :)))))
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests