RVA
User Info.
Keep running, keep shining on, Transit.

theres reason why, i made it this far without you
12:50 PM on 04/20/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I love these songs so much. They're perfect in everyway. I love Transits new style that they have going but I still hope on the new album they make some fast songs like dear anyone, please head north, PS etc. If they make all the new songs like this I will be a little disappointed. It will take away from their amazing live show.

But if you don't like these songs at first keep listening it grows so hard
12:50 PM on 04/20/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
"Signing the band (consecutively with Man Overboard) was atypical for the label - known mostly for "scene" metalcore garbage "

Honestly this makes me lose any interest in listening to this. I'd say at least 80% of Rise's roster are at least respectable bands if you like the genre. The only bands I can see why people hate are Attack Attack! and Abandon All Ships. Really look at this list. (http://riserecords.com/index3.htm) There are many excellent CDs here but even if "metalcore" isn't your thing I find it hard to call it "garbage".
01:01 PM on 04/20/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
"Signing the band (consecutively with Man Overboard) was atypical for the label - known mostly for "scene" metalcore garbage "

Honestly this makes me lose any interest in listening to this. I'd say at least 80% of Rise's roster are at least respectable bands if you like the genre. The only bands I can see why people hate are Attack Attack! and Abandon All Ships. Really look at this list. (http://riserecords.com/index3.htm) There are many excellent CDs here but even if "metalcore" isn't your thing I find it hard to call it "garbage".
Well, that's the thing - I do like metalcore, when it's good. I just think the majority of Rise's "heavy" bands are not.

To each their own, though. I still encourage you to check the EP out.
01:25 PM on 04/20/11
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
man these two songs are great. super stoked now for new material
01:46 PM on 04/20/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.

I agree man. Everyone hates Rise hahaha
02:46 PM on 04/20/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Only stuff that's really clicked with me from these guys. Love this EP
04:13 PM on 04/20/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
i cant stop listening to something left behind. great acoustic album! great band!
07:50 PM on 04/20/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
I agree man. Everyone hates Rise hahaha
I know. I don't get it. I mean, I see why people can hate the obvious ones (though admitedly I loved AA!'s debut) but the vast majority (including OLD) releases is very solid and often excellent.
07:54 PM on 04/20/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Well, that's the thing - I do like metalcore, when it's good. I just think the majority of Rise's "heavy" bands are not.

To each their own, though. I still encourage you to check the EP out.
I will but just keep in mind it may be better to point out how different Transit is from the rest of the Rise roster rather than slamming it. I can't speak for everyone but, personally, that would make me more interested in checking out the band.

Out of curiosity, what current metalcore bands do you enjoy ? Not trying to hate what you have on your profile but from what I saw they were more "tried and true" or "fan favorites".
08:11 PM on 04/20/11
StarsXReflect
Seanny Noyes
User Info.
Reminds me more of Jimmy Eat World, American Football and the last Moneen record. One of their best releases for sure.
definitely feelin the american football on these ones
08:14 PM on 04/20/11
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
This is so good
08:44 PM on 04/20/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Hoping they go towards this direction in their new album, I've always thought they were good, but if the next release is like this one then they could become one of my favorite bands.
08:47 PM on 04/20/11
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Not that huge of a fan of this but it's alright. I like the KTTY style much more.
10:11 PM on 04/20/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I know. I don't get it. I mean, I see why people can hate the obvious ones (though admitedly I loved AA!'s debut) but the vast majority (including OLD) releases is very solid and often excellent.
I agree. Nobody likes Miss May I, Woe is Me, Of Mice & Men, or any of those bands. Sure they're generic but in the music world today it's near impossible to be original. People need to realize that whatever they're listening too, it's not gonna get any better. Originality is gone in the genre people just need to accept it for what it is and enjoy it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos