Username
Password
Stupid News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Stupid
Inside AP.net

Less Than Protest

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (04/20/11)
Less Than Jake were recently the target of a protest by the Westboro Baptist Church at their recent Pensacola, FL show.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 95.
01:07 PM on 04/20/11
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
what the hell???? how? and why now they've been around forever....just my first thoughts before reading the article
01:12 PM on 04/20/11
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Their protests seem incredibly misguided. Less Than Jake, Minus the Bear, All Time Low (well that one I can kind of understand).

Really though, it breaks my heart to see a picture of that child. So brainwashed to look at the world with eyes full of hellfire. It's a complete misrepresentation of the heart of Christ.
01:12 PM on 04/20/11
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
the members of WBC are truley the most awful people ever to exist
they make me sick
01:13 PM on 04/20/11
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not surprising- nowhere in the Bible does it permit a band to have more than four members.
01:16 PM on 04/20/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
LTJ shows are so much fun it's a sin!
01:17 PM on 04/20/11
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Their protests seem incredibly misguided. Less Than Jake, Minus the Bear, All Time Low (well that one I can kind of understand).

Really though, it breaks my heart to see a picture of that child. So brainwashed to look at the world with eyes full of hellfire. It's a complete misrepresentation of the heart of Christ.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
01:18 PM on 04/20/11
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
i've seen these guys first hand on a trip to south beach in miami in feb of 2010, despicable (WBC not LTJ....LTJ is awesome). everyone there was having a good time and they were the only ones who were trying to ruin it. they were outside a gay bar trying to protest at like 9 o clock at night, it was literally like a scene out of "Chuck and Larry" and I couldn't believe it, but nobody let it affect them and everyone still partied anyway, right in their faces.

One asshole asked if I believed in Jesus and I said yea (i'm catholic), and he goes so you're part of a CULT? and i just was like yea i love the colts, peyton manning is pretty good (it was SB weekend), and walked away, took everything in me not to do something worse
01:19 PM on 04/20/11
blowmybutthole
User Info.
try fucking living in the same place as them.
01:20 PM on 04/20/11
windigo11
User Info.
glad to see topeka is getting some good rep! they picketed my school last year with one of the signs saying "YOU WILL EAT YOUR BABIES." who knows how they think of this stuff. their brainwashed children are pretty funny though. in one interview the guy asks two kids what is a ***? and the kids answer something like "a beast who defies the word of god" and the other "uhhhhhh its hard to explain......kind of like a jew"
01:22 PM on 04/20/11
silent_platypus
Elected Asskicker
User Info.
People need to just start ignoring them because it's quite obvious that they're childish trolls.

People are getting mad because they assign meaning to everything they do. Picketing at a 9 year old's funeral doesn't mean they hate kids, they're disrespectful, or that they should have fights picked with them. It means that they're picketing at a 9 year old's funeral... for what reason? Not for you to know.

Stop attempting to assign meaning to it and just ignore it.
01:26 PM on 04/20/11
mtprez2024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
People need to just start ignoring them because it's quite obvious that they're childish trolls.

People are getting mad because they assign meaning to everything they do. Picketing at a 9 year old's funeral doesn't mean they hate kids, they're disrespectful, or that they should have fights picked with them. It means that they're picketing at a 9 year old's funeral... for what reason? Not for you to know.

Wait, what do you mean?
01:28 PM on 04/20/11
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
01:29 PM on 04/20/11
NarcolepsySmile
Registered Member
User Info.
One of the reasons I hate religion.
01:30 PM on 04/20/11
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.

Are you kidding me? Listen dude, have a 9 year old child that passes away prematurely, have these hooligans show up at the funeral, and tell me that it isn't disrespectful. We're part of a society and although I don't see eye to eye with everyone, there are certain things everyone can agree is wrong and inconsiderate.

And what the heck does "don't assign meaning to what they do" mean? I'm not assigning meaning to what they do. They're clear about what they do. They believe it is their God given duty to inform America that we are in sin and debauchery and that we must repent. What other meaning is to be found? And the fact of the matter is that simply because this incredibly misguided individuals have "church" on the end of their name, christians as a whole are going to be thrown into the lump sum of these idiots and get a bad rap (we deserve it sometimes, but not for this). Therefore I refuse to ignore it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS