AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Five and Alive: Past and Future Ruins

Posted by - 07:57 AM on 04/23/11
This week's Five and Alive is in honor of Thursday's incredible new album No Devoluciˇn. This week I'm bringing you five songs from the band's back catalog that have sort of foreshadowed the sound on their new album. You can also read Drew's review of the record here.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
08:15 AM on 04/23/11
georgedcc
User Info.
All good choices, but does the start of Sparks Against The Sun remind anyone else of Running From The Rain? Running From The Rain is one of the most underrated Thursday songs. It sounds like something Explosions In The Sky would write if they ever got a vocalist.
09:41 AM on 04/23/11
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Can't stop spinning this record.
10:18 AM on 04/23/11
Petitnaindes╬les
Kaneki-kun, BON APP╔TIT
User Info.
All good choices, but does the start of Sparks Against The Sun remind anyone else of Running From The Rain? Running From The Rain is one of the most underrated Thursday songs. It sounds like something Explosions In The Sky would write if they ever got a vocalist.
Running From The Rain is definitely one of their best songs, especially when Geoff's voice cracks in the chorus...
11:32 AM on 04/23/11
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
This was my first thought when I heard the song. It was like Running From the Rain part 2 or something. I even described it to my friend like that because Running is his favorite Thursday song. Both songs are incredibly beautiful.
07:57 PM on 04/23/11
JasonTMays
Slaves
User Info.
Yea I'd have to agree that Running From The Rain is quite possibly the best song Thursday has ever written and also the most underrated. Does anyone know if Thursday even plays that song live or if they ever did?
10:06 PM on 04/23/11
DeadCityScars
Pit Boss
User Info.
[Q UOTE=JasonTMays;88515682]Yea I'd have to agree that Running From The Rain is quite possibly the best song Thursday has ever written and also the most underrated. Does anyone know if Thursday even plays that song live or if they ever did?[/quote]

they played it at starland.. but it was right before A City came out , so I didn't get to appreciate it as much then. I totally agree with you though.
02:06 AM on 04/24/11
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
Listened to the disc for the first time tonight. And it blew me away. So dark and moody, and I love the ambient undertones that flow so well with Geoff's vocals. This will go does as their Vheissu or Deja Entendu.

I was scared to listen to it, because Thursday hasn't really impressed me since A City by the Light Divided. But it did not disappoint at all. This is the disc I was wishing them to make. And I'm glad they did.
07:23 PM on 04/24/11
Ohaidere
User Info.
I was skeptical of this album, but I decided to give it a go and was seriously happy with what I heard.
07:41 AM on 04/26/11
jetblack1231
User Info.
Yea I'd have to agree that Running From The Rain is quite possibly the best song Thursday has ever written and also the most underrated. Does anyone know if Thursday even plays that song live or if they ever did?
they played it 2 years ago at the holiday concert.....the one with glassjaw, united nations and dillinger escape plan.

i think it was the first time they played it live since 2005 when the "A City by the light divided" demo was leaked.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos