Username
Password
The Arctic Monkeys News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Arctic Monkeys
Inside AP.net

Arctic Monkeys Track-By-Track

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (04/26/11)
Read a track-by-track guide to the new Arctic Monkeys album, Suck It And See, by frontman Alex Turner here.
InterviewIt just sort of came to me that melody and chorus, itís quite Beach Boys-y which is something Iíve been listening to a lot recently, and always have. We decided to make it the title track...

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
04:44 AM on 04/26/11
GODMACHINE
User Info.
Sort of excited to hear the album. I always thought these guys were a bit over rated though.
04:48 AM on 04/26/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Very exctied for the release. Especially as it's out in time for the summer.
04:56 AM on 04/26/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Not expecting anything from this. They've always been victims of the hype machine and I don't expect this album to be any different.
04:56 AM on 04/26/11
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Cool read. Get more excited all the time about this album and the two tracks I've heard.
05:00 AM on 04/26/11
GODMACHINE
User Info.
Not expecting anything from this. They've always been victims of the hype machine and I don't expect this album to be any different.
Not even a bit? I mean, I want to see why all the hype keeps coming around, you know?
05:08 AM on 04/26/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Not even a bit? I mean, I want to see why all the hype keeps coming around, you know?
Because they do keep delivering, people are just constantly expecting their debut album to be released every time. Which is silly. They also have such a devoted following over here.
05:14 AM on 04/26/11
Moon Face
User Info.
The overhyping this band has received has always made it impossible for me to listen to them objectively. They're probably okay for what they are but when everyone started acting as if they were the second coming of music jesus it was impossible for them to deliver on it.
06:01 AM on 04/26/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
I've liked both of the singles so far, but their debut album was quite frankly their best work and is always going to be the album everyone compares the rest of their work to... not sure they'll ever top it, and it's unfortunate. Also they've been getting really artsy (lol, humbug) and I'm not particularly keen on that scene. I'll always give their stuff a spin though.
07:11 AM on 04/26/11
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
Because they do keep delivering, people are just constantly expecting their debut album to be released every time. Which is silly. They also have such a devoted following over here.
This. Was just spinning the discography earlier today. I'm liking Humbug more and more.

I love Whatever too, but get over it people. It's like expecting Brand New to write Deja again.

This made me chuckle:
Quote:
I like the idea that she’s not even a thunderstorm, she’s more than one. I quite like the fact she’s plural. 'Thunderstorms’ meaning just, y’know, awesome!
07:51 AM on 04/26/11
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
Humbug really sucked and I love the first two albums. Pretty much summed up a generation of Brits with Whatever People Say I Am. Hope this is good.
08:06 AM on 04/26/11
OdourlessHobo
woop woop woop
User Info.
Will most likely enjoy this like the rest of their discography.
08:07 AM on 04/26/11
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Humbug deserves a year in your car stereo before getting a judgement.
08:08 AM on 04/26/11
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
The overhyping this band has received has always made it impossible for me to listen to them objectively. They're probably okay for what they are but when everyone started acting as if they were the second coming of music jesus it was impossible for them to deliver on it.
they're all cool guys who make great music. forget the hype.
08:09 AM on 04/26/11
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
What are you even talking about?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums