Username
Password
The Matches News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Matches
Inside AP.net

Maniac Are Wide Eyed and Freewheelin'

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (04/26/11)
Maniac have hit the road in a unique way - with just their instruments and the clothes on their back. From now until May 18th, the band is touring the States by hitchhiking, relying on the people they meet along the way for food and shelter. If you would like to donate to them or offer them a place to stay, you can contact emily@ediphotoeye.com or help them out by purchasing a new track on bandcamp. Hit the replies for more info.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
01:12 PM on 04/26/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
InfoThe tour is being documented in a blog here.

From Bandcamp: We wrote this song in the spirit of our departure tomorrow on the wildest trip of our lives! While we aint spendin a dime on the trip, our mics and batteries and lights were expensive, so your jingle$ are much appreciated! Enjoy!

Here's our warmest farewell, and a little detail on our project:

Friends! Jake and I, along with our videographer friend Emily Dyan Ibarra, will be gone as can be from April 18 thru May 18, shooting a travel film we're at the moment callin WIDE EYED AND FREEWHEELIN'. The nature of this excursion prohibi...ts, or at least greatly restricts our connection to modern modes of communication, such as facebook, email, and even telephone... Our trip begins with us being dropped off in Barstow with our musical instruments, a camera, a fuck-ton of batteries, memory cards, and the clothes on our backs. We leave our credit cards and beeping booping digital devices behind. We're tripping head-long toward the base concept of making a living as musicians, which we've done for years, but never quite like this... We're pre-empting 2011's summer with a cold-water-jump into the heart of America, where we hope to meet the rest of the wild ones out in that sprawling land between California and New York. We offer music, and as always before, wheels and bread will come in return. Some cities we'll be chasin are Vegas, NYC, Philly, New Orleans, and we'll end up meandering into a good many between, so look for us at the station or in the park... Friends, please note that If I know where you live, there's a good chance we'll come knocking, so thanks in advance for brewin that coffee and gettin out the extra blankets at the spur of the mo.
We'll share our ramblin month with you all later, and in the meanwhiles, please keep our pages alive with your posts, and turn your friends on to our new album. Emily will be connecting to the net now and again to back up footage and recharge, so you can get an idea of how we're goin by following her latest posts.

Wish us luck. Luck is for fools, and we'll take all we can get.
Exuberantly,
Shawn and Jake
01:13 PM on 04/26/11
NarcolepsySmile
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow. That's crazy.
01:15 PM on 04/26/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
That's really cool. Hope they make it to MA/RI.
01:17 PM on 04/26/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
Never heard of them but that's fucking cool.
01:23 PM on 04/26/11
ZoSo1886
www.twitter.com/jamesbenedictnj
User Info.
this is an amazing concept. i would love to walk into my local bar and see them
01:23 PM on 04/26/11
onewheeledrider
Justin Bettman
User Info.
so cool, i really hope things work out for them!
01:25 PM on 04/26/11
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
Now this is just fucking cool. My friend went hitchhiking across the country a couple of times just for fun. There's more nice helpful people out there than you think.

Also, they better not forget to bring a towel.
01:26 PM on 04/26/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
here's to hoping they don't get raped/murdered and left in a ditch
01:29 PM on 04/26/11
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I knew Shawn Harris would be more than just a local boy!
01:33 PM on 04/26/11
onaradioflyer
a
User Info.
This is dope. Emily is an awesome photographer/person. She has a tumblr that she posts on pretty regularly if you wanna follow her.

http://www.emilyibarra.com
01:38 PM on 04/26/11
harveyn590
User Info.
A guy came to my friends house in Newark, De.

5 years ago he sold his house, put a piano in his truck and has been traveling ever since with his dog playing music. Very inspiring.

Manic are awesome and are doing what I always wanted to and are living the beat dream. mad props. If they are in the delaware area hit me up at nickpharvey@gmail.com
01:41 PM on 04/26/11
Colinmac36
User Info.
uh...guess we'll see how that goes. anyone taking bets on how many shows the actually make it to? over/under 10 shows?
01:42 PM on 04/26/11
onewheeledrider
Justin Bettman
User Info.
A guy came to my friends house in Newark, De.

5 years ago he sold his house, put a piano in his truck and has been traveling ever since with his dog playing music. Very inspiring.

Manic are awesome and are doing what I always wanted to and are living the beat dream. mad props. If they are in the delaware area hit me up at nickpharvey@gmail.com
email emily and let her know to hit you up there
01:55 PM on 04/26/11
bub2140
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sweet
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives