AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 75
05:50 PM on 04/27/11
soadjaeger
User Info.
Where to begin picking apart your statement...

-The last two times Wonder Years headlined The Pit (Just them and locals) the shows did 140 and 205.
-I've passed out well over 1,500 flyers
-There are 293 people confirmed on the Facebook event
-Presales are at more than you've projected will show up to the show already and it's more than a week out (75% of those tickets are kids from Savannah/Tampa and were bought online).
-You should appreciate the venue as it is honestly one of the best smaller music venues in Jacksonville
-The Social might be a "real" music venue, but unlike The Social I'm an independent promoter and I'm able to give away tickets like this..I would love for you to backtrack through any website and try to find a show they gave away tickets for.

I'm a really easy going guy and I try to do my best to make sure all my shows do extremely well so it just annoys me that some one that really has no clue what they are talking about speaks out like they are the end all be all.
the pit is awesome. Its really intimate i feel like im at a house show only with better acoustics. also Fyf keep up the good work. You guys book a lot of great shows. Im pumped for memphis may fire
06:20 PM on 04/27/11
rhendershott
I enjoy scholarly pursuits.
User Info.
I just moved up from Jacksonville a few weeks ago, too broke to go back down, and I know the answer. Kicking myself forever.
06:24 PM on 04/27/11
thispartysux128
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You can make up for this being in Florida by telling us whenthe Suburbia preorders will be up...

Also, writing a paper on Allen Ginsberg and the Beat Generation right now that's due tomorrow while listening to the Upsides for the second time today. Hooray for procrastination!

ED: Actually, not hooray. This sucks... Fuck sarcasm

Word, I have saved up a shit ton of money for this preorder so I better not miss it...haha

Also, I wrote a literary research paper about The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton last week and used soupys quote about all of us being in a state of "permanent migration" at the beginning of my paper. (like you I also I was writing this the night before it was due...haha...hooray for procrastination)....I got an A-...Thanks for the inspiration Soupy!!

Now please release some preorder info....pretty please!
06:36 PM on 04/27/11
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
User Info.
Booked both of those so really appreciate you coming out and supporting the shows.

No problem dude! Always had a good time. I'm friends with some of the guys in Fight for First and Dancell and they always speak well of you too, so keep up the great work!
06:37 PM on 04/27/11
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
New Found Glory.
Sugar,were going down
I lol'd.
07:22 PM on 04/27/11
jonayy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just put two and two together lol, didn't realize those two things were related till just now.

Nah, they just put up with me I am pretty lucky though, I wouldn't trade my "job" for anything!
I'm literally pumped just to be talking to you since you talk to soupy. Pretty much meaning im friends with soupy now. hopefully he will tweet me or add me on aim soon. Life is really looking up. i always told my mom i wouldn't be pathetic forever.
10:04 PM on 04/27/11
SteamCrow
The guy with the hair and feathers
User Info.
Word, I have saved up a shit ton of money for this preorder so I better not miss it...haha

Also, I wrote a literary research paper about The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton last week and used soupys quote about all of us being in a state of "permanent migration" at the beginning of my paper. (like you I also I was writing this the night before it was due...haha...hooray for procrastination)....I got an A-...Thanks for the inspiration Soupy!!

Now please release some preorder info....pretty please!
Yea, my English professor gave us free reign over the topics for our final and almost literally right after the Suburbia announcement and interview was released, I looked up Ginsberg and fell in love the guy. For his time, his work is amazingly, well, I wouldn't say tongue in cheek, but its out there. I mean, this guy just ignored all the rules of moral conformity that existed and just wrote whatever the hell he wanted to. I was listening to a lecture by him and he is one of the nicest sounding guys ever. He would have been an awesome teacher haha :)
02:11 AM on 04/28/11
thispartysux128
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yea, my English professor gave us free reign over the topics for our final and almost literally right after the Suburbia announcement and interview was released, I looked up Ginsberg and fell in love the guy. For his time, his work is amazingly, well, I wouldn't say tongue in cheek, but its out there. I mean, this guy just ignored all the rules of moral conformity that existed and just wrote whatever the hell he wanted to. I was listening to a lecture by him and he is one of the nicest sounding guys ever. He would have been an awesome teacher haha :)

Ya man, Ginsberg rules. I watched a movie the other day with James Franco where he played Ginsberg and read his huge poem Howl. I highly recommend it. I love how soupy constantly includes literature and poetry in his lyrics and inspiration for their songs. As a future English teacher it is amazing to see someone at our age who appreciates poetry. He also got me into Charles Bukowski, and last year I did an author biography report on him just so I would get a chance to read more of his stuff. I recommend the book that Soupy mentions in Everything I Own Fits In This Backpack called You Get So Alone At Times That It Just Makes Sense. Great book of Poetry. good luck on your paper!
05:35 AM on 04/28/11
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
dammit. I knew this.
10:35 AM on 04/28/11
SteamCrow
The guy with the hair and feathers
User Info.
Ya man, Ginsberg rules. I watched a movie the other day with James Franco where he played Ginsberg and read his huge poem Howl. I highly recommend it. I love how soupy constantly includes literature and poetry in his lyrics and inspiration for their songs. As a future English teacher it is amazing to see someone at our age who appreciates poetry. He also got me into Charles Bukowski, and last year I did an author biography report on him just so I would get a chance to read more of his stuff. I recommend the book that Soupy mentions in Everything I Own Fits In This Backpack called You Get So Alone At Times That It Just Makes Sense. Great book of Poetry. good luck on your paper!
Just did a bit of research on the guy; definitely sounds like someone I would enjoy reading.

Turning in paper late.. I would rather get an A and have it deducted to a B for being late than getting a D for turning in a rushed piece of shit smeared across fourteen pages.
12:21 AM on 04/29/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would go to that in a heartbeat.
05:12 PM on 04/29/11
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
come west

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE